Thomas Beierlein | 28 Oct 17:31 2012
Picon

TLF-1.1.4 maintenance release

A new TLF bug maintenance release is available at

https://github.com/downloads/Tlf/tlf/tlf-1.1.4.tar.gz

It is a minor maintenance release which corrects a lot of small
annoying problems found by different people in last months (e.g. Fred
DH5FS, Pierefrancesco IK5PVX and others).

From the NEWS file:

New features:
    - ask for confirmation about reported problems in config files to
give you time to recognize the problems.
    - Rework of digimode handling together with fldigi.
      Fix digimode receiove routine 'rx_rtty()', make miniterm output
more robust and update miniterm also while the cursor is in the
exchange field. Drop some unneeded newlines for each function key
macro.
    - Minor corrections and additions to the man page

Bug fixes:
    - Old version segfaults in 'searchlog' function if a really long
callsign filled the input field.
    - Parsing logic for special characters in own exchange (# ...) do
not rely anymore on a trailing NL to the exchange macro.
    - Fix sidetone control. Recognise CWTONE=0 in logcfg.dat, work
around a bug in cwdaemon which does not allow to switch tone back on
afterwards.
    - Stop flickering cursor between input or exchange field and dupe
      searchwindow.
(Continue reading)

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. | 29 Oct 01:03 2012
Picon

Re: TLF-1.1.4 maintenance release

It works very well Thomas, I wish it were posted to Debian already!

Be well,

73
Gopher Hole:  gopher://sdf.org/1/users/djringjr/ (native or with Firefox's Overbite extension) or via http to gopher gateway
Chat Skype: djringjr MSN: djringjr-uAjRD0nVeow@public.gmane.org AIM: N1EA icq: 27380609

=30=

A new TLF bug maintenance release is available at

https://github.com/downloads/Tlf/tlf/tlf-1.1.4.tar.gz

It is a minor maintenance release which corrects a lot of small
annoying problems found by different people in last months (e.g. Fred
DH5FS, Pierefrancesco IK5PVX and others).

From the NEWS file:

[...]

    - fix Alt-t (tune) function to switch tuning on for 6 seconds (can
be stopped early with any key press).
      !!Be aware that there are some problems in different cwdaemon
versions
      (no PTT keying, no chance to stop tuning early, ...). Working
      with the maintainer to fix it.

Further ongoing work:

 - Switch digimode communication to socket or XMLRPC interface which is
   preferred by FLDIGI
 - work on new cabrillo output which fixes known bugs and allows better
   control of log format

73 es gd DX,  de Tom DL1JBE.

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    linuxham-digest <at> yahoogroups.com
    linuxham-fullfeatured-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

__._,_.___

__,_._,___
Pierfrancesco Caci | 31 Oct 22:50 2012
Picon

Re: TLF-1.1.4 maintenance release

Hi Thomas

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Thomas Beierlein <tb@...> wrote:
> A new TLF bug maintenance release is available at
>
> https://github.com/downloads/Tlf/tlf/tlf-1.1.4.tar.gz
>
>     - Fix sidetone control. Recognise CWTONE=0 in logcfg.dat, work
> around a bug in cwdaemon which does not allow to switch tone back on
> afterwards.

Thanks for this. Seems to work ok here.

>     - fix Alt-t (tune) function to switch tuning on for 6 seconds (can
> be stopped early with any key press).

Does this require a minimum cwdaemon version? I can't get it to work with 0.9.4

Pf

--
 Pierfrancesco Caci, ik5pvx

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    linuxham-digest@...
    linuxham-fullfeatured@...

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Thomas Beierlein | 1 Nov 06:59 2012
Picon

Re: TLF-1.1.4 maintenance release

Hi Pierfrancesco,

Am Wed, 31 Oct 2012 22:50:05 +0100
schrieb Pierfrancesco Caci <ik5pvx@...>:

> On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Thomas Beierlein <tb@...>
> wrote:
> > A new TLF bug maintenance release is available at
> >
> > https://github.com/downloads/Tlf/tlf/tlf-1.1.4.tar.gz

..
> >     - fix Alt-t (tune) function to switch tuning on for 6 seconds
> > (can be stopped early with any key press).
>
> Does this require a minimum cwdaemon version? I can't get it to work
> with 0.9.4

Tuning works *partially* with all three available cwdaemon versions
(0.9.2, 0.9.4 and 0.9.6). The problem is always in the PTT line
handling. If you use the full-BK without relying on PTT it should work
ok.

The observed problems are:

- 0.9.2 and 0.9.4 switches PTT on and very immediately off again. The
  keying pin is handled properly, but 0.9.4 do not allow to stop the
  tuning earlier.

- In 0.9.6 I can not get the PTT working at all.

So the situation is bad for all actual versions if you have to use PTT
for your rig.

73, de Tom DL1JBE.

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    linuxham-digest@...
    linuxham-fullfeatured@...

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Pierfrancesco Caci | 3 Nov 09:57 2012
Picon

Re: TLF-1.1.4 maintenance release

Hi Thomas,

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 6:59 AM, Thomas Beierlein <tb@...> wrote:
> Hi Pierfrancesco,
>

> Tuning works *partially* with all three available cwdaemon versions
> (0.9.2, 0.9.4 and 0.9.6). The problem is always in the PTT line
> handling. If you use the full-BK without relying on PTT it should work
> ok.
>
> The observed problems are:
>
> - 0.9.2 and 0.9.4 switches PTT on and very immediately off again. The
>   keying pin is handled properly, but 0.9.4 do not allow to stop the
>   tuning earlier.
>
> - In 0.9.6 I can not get the PTT working at all.
>
> So the situation is bad for all actual versions if you have to use PTT
> for your rig.

I have cwdaemon talk to a microHAM USB Interface II.
I could observe the PTT led flicker at beginning of tune, but the
CW led doesn't turn up at all.
While sending cw messages instead, I can see PTT flicker, and then I
have CW flash normally.
Alt-P from tlf works correctly, toggling PTT on and off.

The rigs themselves don't need PTT to send CW.

Pf

--
 Pierfrancesco Caci, ik5pvx

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    linuxham-digest@...
    linuxham-fullfeatured@...

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Thomas Beierlein | 21 Nov 08:38 2012
Picon

Re: TLF-1.1.4 maintenance release

Hi Pierfrancesco,

sorry for the long delay. I was a little bit busy here :-)....

In meantime I found the reason for the Tuning function not working at
your side. There is a further bug in cwdaemon which stops activation of
the tune function if your sidetone frequency is set to 0. Please try it.

So we have to find a way to mute the cw output from cwdaemon while
still having the tuning function working.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

Am Sat, 3 Nov 2012 09:57:04 +0100

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    linuxham-digest@...
    linuxham-fullfeatured@...

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Pierfrancesco Caci | 21 Nov 17:22 2012
Picon

Re: TLF-1.1.4 maintenance release

Hey Thomas, no worries, I'm having my share of crazy work schedules as
well. I'm a few
timezones away from my radio now, will do this test when I get back.

Pf

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Thomas Beierlein <tb@...> wrote:
> Hi Pierfrancesco,
>
> sorry for the long delay. I was a little bit busy here :-)....
>
> In meantime I found the reason for the Tuning function not working at
> your side. There is a further bug in cwdaemon which stops activation of
> the tune function if your sidetone frequency is set to 0. Please try it.
>
> So we have to find a way to mute the cw output from cwdaemon while
> still having the tuning function working.
>
> 73, de Tom DL1JBE
>
> Am Sat, 3 Nov 2012 09:57:04 +0100
> schrieb Pierfrancesco Caci <ik5pvx@...>:
>
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 6:59 AM, Thomas Beierlein <tb@...>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Pierfrancesco,
>> >

>> > Tuning works *partially* with all three available cwdaemon versions
>> > (0.9.2, 0.9.4 and 0.9.6). The problem is always in the PTT line
>> > handling. If you use the full-BK without relying on PTT it should
>> > work ok.
>> >
>> > The observed problems are:
>> >
>> > - 0.9.2 and 0.9.4 switches PTT on and very immediately off again.
>> > The keying pin is handled properly, but 0.9.4 do not allow to stop
>> > the tuning earlier.
>> >
>> > - In 0.9.6 I can not get the PTT working at all.
>> >
>> > So the situation is bad for all actual versions if you have to use
>> > PTT for your rig.
>>
>> I have cwdaemon talk to a microHAM USB Interface II.
>> I could observe the PTT led flicker at beginning of tune, but the
>> CW led doesn't turn up at all.
>> While sending cw messages instead, I can see PTT flicker, and then I
>> have CW flash normally.
>> Alt-P from tlf works correctly, toggling PTT on and off.
>>
>> The rigs themselves don't need PTT to send CW.
>>
>> Pf
>>

> --
> "Do what is needful!"
> Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea

 Pierfrancesco Caci, ik5pvx

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    linuxham-digest@...
    linuxham-fullfeatured@...

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Pierfrancesco Caci | 1 Dec 14:59 2012
Picon

Re: TLF-1.1.4 maintenance release

Thomas,
I've tested this, and setting TONE=1 from within TLF makes tune work. Same as CWTONE=1 from the config file.
Looks like a viable workaround to me.

Pf