ki7mt | 19 Apr 21:02 2013
Picon

WSJT-X - Linux Build Procedure

Hello All, Thought I'd pass this along for those interested:

This is what I used yesterday to get WSJT-X (JT9) compiled and working, with much assistance from AC6SL,
John and KH7SR, Bear. I've only tested this for a short time, so much more testing is needed.

If you start off in a clean /usr/local/src directory, not having built a version before, make -f
Makefile.linux will try to create the dir called wsjtx_install, but it doesn't, it creates a "file"
instead and when you try to execute qmake && make, it fails with an error-1 (file already exists), which is
true, it does, as make -F Makefile.linux created it. So to get around this, just create the directly
beforehand [ mkdir /usr/local/src/wsjtx_install ] and all goes as planned.

Deps I added to new UB 12.04.2 + updates build:
subversion
gfortran
libqwt5-qt4-dev
libfftw3-3
libfftw3-dev
libportaudiocpp0
portaudio19-dev
build-essential

Final build sequence was in /usr/local/src:
Note: I'm not building or retaining rev's, just whatever is the latest in svn is:

cd /usr/local/src
svn co svn://svn.berlios.de/wsjt/branches/wsjtx
mkdir ./wsjtx_install
cd ./wsjtx/lib
make -f Makefile.linux
cd ..
(Continue reading)

mike.k0ter | 20 Apr 01:10 2013
Picon

Re: WSJT-X - Linux Build Procedure

--- In linuxham@..., "ki7mt" <ki7mt <at> ...> wrote:

> Hello All, Thought I'd pass this along for those interested:
>
> This is what I used yesterday to get WSJT-X (JT9) compiled and working, with much assistance from AC6SL,
John and KH7SR, Bear. I've only tested this for a short time, so much more testing is needed.

I've followed your instructions and I do have WSJT-X compiled and
running on my Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Linux computer.

I can decode signals but I've yet to get the TX to work.
I am using a SignaLink USB audio device.  I suspect the reason
PTT is not working is due to the way the '.asoundrc' is set up.
Can you give me some guidance on how to set it up for the
SignaLink?  There are 2 sound devices in this computer, the
internal card and the SignaLink.

Thanks and 73,

Mike, K0TER

<*> Your email settings:
(Continue reading)

ki7mt | 20 Apr 01:33 2013
Picon

Re: WSJT-X - Linux Build Procedure

Hi Mike, see comments Below

>>> KI7MT Comments

I can decode signals but I've yet to get the TX to work.
I am using a SignaLink USB audio device.  I suspect the reason
PTT is not working is due to the way the '.asoundrc' is set up.
Can you give me some guidance on how to set it up for the
SignaLink?  There are 2 sound devices in this computer, the
internal card and the SignaLink.

>> I use the Naigator interface, which is an FDTI chipset. I dont have a SignaLink interface, but I think it's
the same chips set, and may well be the same audio CODEC, Bur Brown.

Setting up the ttyUSBx and identifying the USB Codec is a completely different affair.

PTT is related to the /dev/tty you've selected, and that needs to match the SignaLink or whatever device
your using for PTT, in my case it's a comm-port on the Navigator.

I used / tested KO9B's nice example for getting things going, and it has a section referring to the SignaLink
setup, but I only browsed past it.

It's a 15-20 page PDF (but simple to follow, with lots of images) for setting up ttyUSB ports, Audio Port
Identification, Fldigi and CQRLog setup.

You'll have to join the NAVIGATOR-Interface Yahoo Group to get at the file "I think", the file name is: UbuntuHamRadio_KO9B_02B.pdf

About WSJT-X: It's very much still under development, an I'm sure there's many bugs yet to be resolved in the
Linux version. My main focus was to get a working model to DL & Test the latest releases. I'm still using
Windows for JT9 QSO's.