Pierfrancesco Caci | 1 Apr 18:44 2012
Picon

Re: Fldigi compiled for Android?

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 17:29, Woodchuck <marmot@...> wrote:

> graphical applications and the display hardware.  While X is portable,
> it has not been, to my knowledge, ported to Android, nor have the
> various X libraries that fltk in turn depends on.

There is an X-server package on fdroid (a free-software "market" app).
I have not tried it, nor I intend to do that, since the only android
device I have is my current phone. I've not even rooted it.
Anyone brave enough to try it and report?

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci, ik5pvx

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

(Continue reading)

Ron Festa | 1 Apr 19:05 2012
Picon

Re: Fldigi compiled for Android?

The only way I know of to get FLDigi to run on Android is if you use one of those Linux installers that will install Debian on your device as a chroot environment with a VNC server. Android uses its own GUI backend with its own version of Java for creating GUI's in apps. If you want to make a native Android app you will need to drop fltk in favor of making a Java UI wrapper around the FLDigi backend.

~73 AC2RF Ron

--
 Pierfrancesco Caci, ik5pvx

Gmane