CAcert Support | 27 Nov 14:42 2011

Re: [s20111126.51] [CAcert.org] Your certificate

User may not be subscribed to the list.

--
Kind Regards
Stefan Brüning
CAcert support

CAcert needs funding to keep its services running, so if you find our project useful please consider
donating. For more information see http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=13

CAcert braucht Geld um seine Dienste weiterhin betreiben zu können. Wenn Sie also unser Projekt
nützlich finden würden wir uns über eine Spende freuen. Mehr Informationen finden Sie auf http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=13&lang=de_DE

---- Forwarded message from Hilary Naylor <hnaylor@...> ---

From: Hilary Naylor <hnaylor@...>
To: support@...
Subject: Re: [CAcert.org] Your certificate
Date: 2011-11-26 20:37:18

> dear support,
>    I am using Chrome. When I click on "click here to install your
> certificate" I get an error "The server has returned an invalid client
> certificate. Error 207 (net: ERR_CERT_INVALID)."
>    I installed the root certificate and restarted Chrome but it didn't
> make
> any difference.
> thanks
> Hilary

(Continue reading)

Bernhard Fröhlich | 27 Nov 14:58 2011

support@... Subject: Re:
> [CAcert.org] Your certificate Date: 2011-11-26 20:37:18
>> dear support,
>>     I am using Chrome. When I click on "click here to install your
>> certificate" I get an error "The server has returned an invalid client
>> certificate. Error 207 (net: ERR_CERT_INVALID)."
>>     I installed the root certificate and restarted Chrome but it didn't
>> make
>> any difference.
>> thanks
>> Hilary
>>
> ---- End forwarded message ---

Hi Hilary,

are you sure that you made the certificate request on the same computer
and the same user account (and maybe even the same browser profile) in
which you now want to import the certificate?
Did you "renew" the certificate and are now trying to install it in a
different browser?

If you did renew a certificate you should try to create a new
certificate instead of renewing an old one.

I hope this helps,
Ted
;)
(Continue reading)

Hilary Naylor | 1 Jan 04:14 2012

Re: [s20111126.51] [CAcert.org] Your certificate

Ted,
I did as you suggested, I revoked the old certificate and created a new
certificate (with Chrome). But I got the same error.

thanks
Hilary

At 02:58 PM 11/27/2011 +0100, =?UTF-8?B?QmVybmhhcmQgRnLDtmhsaWNo?= wrote:
>>---- Forwarded message from Hilary Naylor <hnaylor@...> --- From:
>>Hilary Naylor <hnaylor@...> To:
support@... Subject: Re:
>>[CAcert.org] Your certificate Date: 2011-11-26 20:37:18
>>>dear support,
>>>     I am using Chrome. When I click on "click here to install your
>>>certificate" I get an error "The server has returned an invalid client
>>>certificate. Error 207 (net: ERR_CERT_INVALID)."
>>>     I installed the root certificate and restarted Chrome but it didn't
>>>make
>>>any difference.
>>>thanks
>>>Hilary
>>---- End forwarded message ---
>
>Hi Hilary,
>
>are you sure that you made the certificate request on the same computer
>and the same user account (and maybe even the same browser profile) in
>which you now want to import the certificate?
>Did you "renew" the certificate and are now trying to install it in a
>different browser?
(Continue reading)

Pieter van Emmerik | 1 Jan 19:12 2012
Picon

Re: [s20111126.51] [CAcert.org] Your certificate

Hi,

Searching around I found some references mentioning that Chrome is not
very good ad handling certificates.

I do not use Chrome myself but use FireFox instead.
The only advice I can give is to create a client certificate with a
different browser, export the certificate (including private key)
as a pkcs12 (.p12) file and import it to Chrome.

For more information on Client certificates, see:
http://wiki.cacert.org/Technology/KnowledgeBase/ClientCerts

Regards,
Pieter van Emmerik

On 1-1-2012 4:14, Hilary Naylor wrote:
> Ted,
> I did as you suggested, I revoked the old certificate and created a new
> certificate (with Chrome). But I got the same error.
>
> thanks
> Hilary
>
> At 02:58 PM 11/27/2011 +0100, =?UTF-8?B?QmVybmhhcmQgRnLDtmhsaWNo?= wrote:
>>> ---- Forwarded message from Hilary Naylor <hnaylor@...> --- From:
>>> Hilary Naylor <hnaylor@...> To:
support@... Subject: Re:
>>> [CAcert.org] Your certificate Date: 2011-11-26 20:37:18
(Continue reading)

Hilary Naylor | 6 Jan 02:14 2012

Re: [s20111126.51] [CAcert.org] Your certificate

Hi,
Thank you, that seems to have worked, although Chrome wanted a pkcs#7 file.
regards,
Hilary