Tom Eastep | 1 Oct 23:45 2010
Picon

Re: Transparent proxy to remote system

On 10/1/10 1:45 PM, Brent McConnell wrote:
> I would like to proxy all http requests from my internal network to an
> external proxy server that is outside my network.  Unfortunately, I'm
> having a bit of trouble figuring out the rule for doing that.  If I run
> the proxy on my firewall machine the following rules seem to work
>
> ACCEPT          $FW             net             tcp     www
> REDIRECT       loc             3128            tcp     www     -
>
> but I have not been able to get the rule right to redirect to an
> external system.  Is this doable?

No different than when the proxy is running in a DMZ --
http://www.shorewall.net/Shorewall_Squid_Usage.html#DMZ (you need to
change the zone name and address, of course).

-Tom

Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car

http://p.sf.net/sfu/novell-sfdev2dev