[S] Schedule and Conference Highlights for San Diego Data Mining Conference, March 30-31, San Diego, CA
2006-03-03 14:48:46 GMT
San Diego, California: March 30 - March 31, 2006 (with a Welcome
Reception on March 29th at 6PM)
Two Full Days of Real-World Case Study Presentations
- State-of-the-Art Research from Leading Academic Institutions:
Keynote Presentations by Adele Cutler, co-creator of Random Forests,
Richard Olshen, Chief, Division of Biostatistics, Stanford Medical School and CART co-creator.
- Networking Opportunities with Business and Technology Peers: Attendees at Prior Conferences included The International Monetary Fund, Barnes and Noble, Pfizer, Union Bank, Wells Fargo, Ciphergen, Stanford Linear Accelerator, Johns Hopkins Medical School, UC Berkeley, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Novartis, Columbia University School of Public Health, Harvard Medical School, HSBC, International Steel Group (Bethlehem Steel), Cap Gemini, AT&T Labs-Research, and PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Pre-Conference Training (March 27-29): In-depth courses available for attendees who are new to data mining. Advanced Data Miners: Sharpen your expertise! Expect to pick up tips and advice you will never find in books or articles; bring your own data if you can.
- Conference Sessions Include Mini-Tutorials:
- Combining Linear and Non-Linear Modeling Techniques: Getting the Best of Two Worlds
- Overcoming Obstacles of Publishing in the Best Journals: Explaining the Value of Data Mining to a Resistant Audience
- Competition Wins: Novel and Creative Use of Data Mining to Win Three Top Data Mining Competitions
- Real-World Case Study Presentations by Daily Practitioners of Business, Environmental and Bioinformatic Applications.
We invite you to join us from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM on Wednesday, March 29th for a Welcome Reception preceding the Opening Session
To be placed on the conference mailing list, please click here: www.salforddatamining.com/2006InfoRequest.php