Lord Groundhog | 7 Apr 08:13 2012
Picon

Test

I¹m sitting in a café in Bologna wondering why I I haven¹t seen any posts
from NewtonTalk since I arrived on Wednesday.   Are we all simply going
about our business with better things to do than post here, or am I having a
problem getting mail from the group?

Shalom,

Christian

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl
http://www.diyplanner.com/node/3942

~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Fight Spam.  Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/
Join today: http://www.newtontalk.net/

Smith Woody | 7 Apr 08:53 2012

Re: Test

I'm guessing spring break, Passover, Easter  or people talking to
their iPads.

happy holiday
Woody

On Apr 7, 2012, at 1:13 AM, Lord Groundhog wrote:

> I’m sitting in a café in Bologna wondering why I I haven’t seen any
> posts
> from NewtonTalk since I arrived on Wednesday.   Are we all simply
> going
> about our business with better things to do than post here, or am I
> having a
> problem getting mail from the group?
>

> Shalom,
>
> Christian
>
> ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
>
> “Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.”
>            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke
>
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
> (With thanks to Chod Lang)
> http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl
(Continue reading)

Laurence W Brown | 7 Apr 09:22 2012
Picon

Re: Test

Hah! Happy holiday...
:-)

Sent from my 2Pad…

On Apr 6, 2012, at 23:53, Smith Woody <woodysmith <at> me.com> wrote:

> I'm guessing spring break, Passover, Easter  or people talking to
> their iPads.
>
> happy holiday
> Woody
>

> On Apr 7, 2012, at 1:13 AM, Lord Groundhog wrote:
>
>> I’m sitting in a café in Bologna wondering why I I haven’t seen any
>> posts
>> from NewtonTalk since I arrived on Wednesday.   Are we all simply
>> going
>> about our business with better things to do than post here, or am I
>> having a
>> problem getting mail from the group?
>>

>> Shalom,
>>
>> Christian

(Continue reading)

James Fraser | 7 Apr 11:45 2012
Picon

Re: Test

Hello,

>I¹m sitting in a café in Bologna wondering why I I haven¹t seen any posts
>from NewtonTalk since I arrived on Wednesday.   Are we all simply going
>about our business with better things to do than post here, or am I having a
>problem getting mail from the group?

If you have WWW access as well as email (I know, not always a given), there's an
easy way to find out whether anyone is actually talking or if your hearing is at
fault (so to speak):

http://lists.newtontalk.net/pipermail/newtontalk/2012-April/

(This month's list archives)

If, like mine, your mail provider is more adept at providing comic relief than
your mail:

http://amplicate.com/hate/yahoo-mail

...it's the sort of thing you find yourself checking with (irk)some regularity.
: /

Alternately, you might also consider subscribing to the "compact" version of the
RSS feed for the list:

http://www.newtontalk.net/newtontalk.rss

...which, according to this:

(Continue reading)

Grant Hutchinson | 7 Apr 17:43 2012

Re: Test

On 2012-04-07, at 3:45 AM, James Fraser wrote:

> Alternately, you might also consider subscribing to the "compact" version of the
> RSS feed for the list:
>
> http://www.newtontalk.net/newtontalk.rss
>
> ...which, according to this:
>
> http://newtontalk.net/rss/

Actually, the RSS feed of the list hasn't been functional since we moved servers in November 2009.

I am working on fixing that. Really.

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian

http://splorp.com/newton
http://newtontalk.net
http://newted.org
http://npds.info

slashlos | 7 Apr 14:13 2012
Picon

Re: Test

Hello from Long Island!
--
/los "I was a teenage net-random"

On Apr 7, 2012, at 2:13 AM, Lord Groundhog <lordgroundhog <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> I’m sitting in a café in Bologna wondering why I I haven’t seen any posts
> from NewtonTalk since I arrived on Wednesday.   Are we all simply going
> about our business with better things to do than post here, or am I having a
> problem getting mail from the group?
>

> Shalom,
>
> Christian
>
> ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
>
> “Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.”
>            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke
>
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
> (With thanks to Chod Lang)
> http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl
> http://www.diyplanner.com/node/3942
>

> ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
> Fight Spam.  Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/
(Continue reading)

John Heinrichs | 7 Apr 08:31 2012

Re: Test

There was some disagreement: some voted from Barcelona, others wanted Baluchistan. Personally, I
thought you were in Bogota.
Sorry ...

Cheers
J.M. Heinrichs
 minicapt1 <at> mac.com

On 06 Apr 12, at 23:13, Lord Groundhog wrote:

> I’m sitting in a café in Bologna wondering why I I haven’t seen any posts
> from NewtonTalk since I arrived on Wednesday.   Are we all simply going
> about our business with better things to do than post here, or am I having a
> problem getting mail from the group?
>

> Shalom,
>
> Christian
>
> ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
>
> “Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.”
>            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke
>
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
> (With thanks to Chod Lang)
> http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl
> http://www.diyplanner.com/node/3942
(Continue reading)

Lord Groundhog | 9 Apr 00:16 2012
Picon

Re: Test

~~~ On 2012/04/07 08:31, John Heinrichs at minicapt1 <at> me.com wrote ~~~

> There was some disagreement: some voted from Barcelona, others wanted
> Baluchistan. Personally, I thought you were in Bogota.
> Sorry ...

First, I¹d like to say ³Happy Easter² to everyone who celebrated Easter
today and ³Good Pesach² to everyone who celebrated Passover this past
Friday.

Second, thanks to everyone who responded to my message, and for greetings
from different places.  It¹s good to experience belonging to such a broad
³family² of people with a common interest.

 <at> John:  since Colombian coffee is my favourite ³ordinary² variety of coffee,
your guess of Bogota is by far the best wrong answer.  :-)   Seriously, I¹d
risk the drug cartels or earthquakes or anything else they can threaten,
just for the experience of drinking a cup (or many!) of Colombian coffee
right there under the Colombian sun.   But this is a family trip to spend
Easter together, and they¹d take it badly if I announced that I¹d rather be
in South America on a coffee plantation!   At least I get the compensation
of drinking really well-made espresso at prices that mean I can afford **a
lot** of espresso without being impoverished.   I could get used to this,
even allowing for the fact that we apparently brought dreary British weather
along with us ...

 <at> Richard:  you have no idea how tempting that sounds to me!

(Continue reading)

Vladislav Korotnev | 9 Apr 03:58 2012
Picon

Re: Test

I might be a bit late, but Happy Easter to everyone on NTLK!

Sent from my iSounds-enhanced iPhone

Richard Clark | 7 Apr 09:48 2012
Picon

Re: Test

60 km from me come get some newton stuff lol

Sent from my iPhone

On 07/apr/2012, at 08:13, Lord Groundhog <lordgroundhog <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> I’m sitting in a café in Bologna wondering why I I haven’t seen any posts
> from NewtonTalk since I arrived on Wednesday.   Are we all simply going
> about our business with better things to do than post here, or am I having a
> problem getting mail from the group?
>

> Shalom,
>
> Christian
>
> ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
>
> “Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.”
>           -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke
>
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
> (With thanks to Chod Lang)
> http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl
> http://www.diyplanner.com/node/3942
>

> ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
> Fight Spam.  Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/
(Continue reading)

Grant Hutchinson | 29 Jan 05:20 2003

Re: test

In a previous message, THX 1138 typed vigorously:

>sorry all, but my brain is slow after nine months downtime.
>I need to see if this works yet.

Hey Ben!

Welcome back to the green scene.

g.

Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996.    http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/
Online community web site handyman.    http://www.newted.net/

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html

Woo Lee | 31 Jan 12:14 2003

Re: test

Nine months???  Another baby?

Good to see you back.  :-)
------------------
>sorry all, but my brain is slow after nine months downtime. I need to
>see if this works yet.
>
>later,
>--
>ben. (winks, smiles)
>1f2frfbf <at> newted.org
------------------

---------------------
!ooW  %-)  www.lanug.org
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.
A NewtonAddict on MacAddictYr2003!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html

THX 1138 | 31 Jan 15:07 2003

Re: test

Verily, on  1/31/03, Woo Lee quoth:
>Nine months???  Another baby?

Another??? Is there one somewhere I don't know about?!?

The newts don't count, do they? I mean the hardware tweaking alone is
enough to get social services beating down my door...

Nope, just getting a degree, job, house, middle class life, etc.

later,
--
ben.
1f2frfbf <at> newted.org

Newton Connections: Obsessive Newton News
http://newted.net/~1f2frfbf/
These things are fun, and fun is good.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html

Woo Lee | 4 Feb 01:31 2003

Re: test

LOL!  Don't ask me.  ;-)

Sounds like you need to accel. your Newt.  :-o
------------------
>Nine months???  Another baby?
>
>Another??? Is there one somewhere I don't know about?!?
>
>The newts don't count, do they? I mean the hardware tweaking alone is
>enough to get social services beating down my door...
>
>Nope, just getting a degree, job, house, middle class life, etc.
>
>later,
>--
>ben.
>1f2frfbf <at> newted.org
------------------

---------------------
!ooW  %-)
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.
www.lanug.org

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html

E. Male | 29 Apr 20:39 2003
Picon

Re: Test

Cool...I am about to go wireless, and shameless ask that u post your Silver
card setup, to add to the other success stories, and to help newbies like me
to set up properly :)

Newtonium-62: The Newton Messagepad Nanospace
http://www.geocities.com/newtonium62

>From: Ben McCorkle <mccorkle.12 <at> osu.edu>
>To: newtontalk <at> newtontalk.net
>Subject: [NTLK] Test
>Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:25:00 -0400
>
>   All --
>if you can read this, then LO!
>Rejoice with me: I have successfully sent an email via Eudora over my
>local coffeshop=B9s public WAN with my new Orinoco Sllver Card. Bless you,
>Newton!
>ben mccorkle
>Made and sent via modem or ethernet on a Newton MP 2100::keep the green!
>
>--
>This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
>List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
>Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/

Grant Hutchinson | 3 Oct 22:41 2004

Re: test

In a previous message, Ash Mishra typed vigorously:

>please ignore

Oh, but how can I? It's just not possible to ignore such succinctness.

g.

Grant Hutchinson > Interface Considerations & Toys

Weblog > www.splorp.com
Newton > www.newted.org
Design > www.veer.com

gmoody@gmx.net | 4 Oct 01:31 2004

Re: test

It's hard to ignore a test post from one of the co-founders of SineWare and
the author of BluePrint, PowerSet, CardMedia, and ShowMate!  How are you
doing, Ash?  Haven't talked to you in ages.  How is SaroFax doing?

Regards,

Gary