Favati | 27 Jun 23:17 2011
Picon

Error can't have a partition outside the disk

Hi there!
I've a (maybe) stupid question/error...
I'm trying to clone a 320gb hd (almost empty, only 40gb used) on a
smaller hd (64gb), but i'm getting:

"error can't have a partition outside the disk"

I've tryied using advanced options and let clonezilla auto-resize
partitions, but still getting the error.

Is there any way to clone my win7 from 320gb to 64gb? (faster hd, it's
an ssd!).

Any idea?

http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-c2
Antonio Olivares | 28 Jun 15:49 2011
Picon

Re: Error can't have a partition outside the disk

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 9:17 PM, Favati <smile_k@...> wrote:
> Hi there!
> I've a (maybe) stupid question/error...
> I'm trying to clone a 320gb hd (almost empty, only 40gb used) on a
> smaller hd (64gb), but i'm getting:
>
> "error can't have a partition outside the disk"
>
> I've tryied using advanced options and let clonezilla auto-resize
> partitions, but still getting the error.
>
> Is there any way to clone my win7 from 320gb to 64gb? (faster hd, it's
> an ssd!).
>
> Any idea?

http://drbl.org/faq/fine-print.php?path=./2_System/26_large_disk_to_small_one.faq#26_large_disk_to_small_one.faq

It can be done, but first you must resize the original(source 320 gb )
to a number <= the one you will use (ie the 64 gb one)

Hope this helps,

Antonio