Rob Day | 28 Mar 00:30 2014
Picon

jSIPp - a ground-up rewrite of SIPp to make feature development easier

Hi all,

I've been experimenting recently with a ground-up rewrite of SIPp, to
simplify the code, make it more portable, easier to integrate with
other tools, and faster to develop new features for. I expect to still
maintain the existing C++ version, but the complexity of the code
makes real innovation (as opposed to bugfixes and small improvements)
difficult.

This has resulted in what I'm currently calling jSIPp, implemented in
about 1500 lines of Java compared to the 22,000 lines of C++ SIPp
currently uses. The page for it is https://github.com/rkday/jsipp,
with a download at https://github.com/rkday/jsipp/releases/tag/v0.0.4.
As a Java JAR file, it should (in theory)  run on any operating system
with Java installed.

It's still alpha quality (current version 0.0.4), but it can already
process simple call scenarios at high rates. It uses the same or
similar XML files and command-line arguments as SIPp, but doesn't
support all the features yet -
https://github.com/rkday/jsipp/wiki/Current-Status documents exactly
what is available.

The most noticeable difference from SIPp is the UI - rather than
having a built-in ncurses UI, jSIPp publishes the call events it sees
over a ZeroMQ messaging socket, making it easy to build custom UIs and
tools that record and display the performance data as required. I've
created two UIs for it already, a traditional-looking ncurses one in
Ruby and a more modern web UI with graphs. You can find the details at
https://github.com/rkday/jsipp/wiki/ZeroMQ#sample-programs, along with
(Continue reading)

Vijay Goje | 28 Mar 15:01 2014

Re: jSIPp - a ground-up rewrite of SIPp to make feature development easier

Hi Rob,

I am looking forward for this.
Does the jSIPp support rtpstream play?

Regards,
Vijay.

[...]

Rob Day | 28 Mar 15:47 2014
Picon

Re: jSIPp - a ground-up rewrite of SIPp to make feature development easier

Hi Vijay,

I haven't implemented any media handling yet, but it's definitely high
on my list - I know SIPp is pretty weak on the media side (especially
in terms of analysing the media and providing stats) and I'm hoping to
improve on that now I have this smaller, more flexible codebase. I'd
expect to implement some RTP/RTCP support in the next few weeks.

Best,
Rob

On 28 March 2014 14:01, Vijay Goje <vgoje <at> ctigroup.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> I am looking forward for this.
> Does the jSIPp support rtpstream play?
>
> Regards,
> Vijay.

Vijay Goje | 28 Mar 15:50 2014

Re: jSIPp - a ground-up rewrite of SIPp to make feature development easier

That would be great. Thanks Rob.