Brandon Phelps | 27 Oct 07:51 2012
Picon

Control+Arrow bindings in Putty

Hello,

I have recently started using tmux and am having some slight problems
with using C-Up, C-Down, C-Left, and C-Right key bindings.  I have added
the following to my .tmux.conf:

bind -n C-Left select-pane -L
bind -n C-Right select-pane -R
bind -n C-Up select-pane -U
bind -n C-Down select-pane -D

These all seem to work great if I am actually on the local workstation
however when I SSH in to the machine using Putty from a Windows machine
these bindings do not work.  Instead, using any of these appear to be
functioning as if I hadn't pressed Ctrl at all.  For example if I am
editing a file with Vi and use C-Down, it simply moves the cursor down a
line instead of actually switching panes.

All of my other C-related bindings work properly, including my prefix,
so this seems to only be an issue with the arrow keys.  If I change the
above bindings to use Meta instead, they all work fine. (I'd obviously
rather not use Meta, because I use that for other bindings)

This seems to be an issue with the way Putty sends the characters, I get
the following if I ctrl+v, ctrl+<up|down|left|right> respectively:

brandon <at> carbon ~ $ cat -

I realize this is a obviously a problem with Putty and not tmux but I am
(Continue reading)

Nicholas Marriott | 31 Oct 09:49 2012
Picon

Re: Control+Arrow bindings in Putty

I take it from your later mail you got this sorted out?