Thanh Han The | 30 Oct 14:31 2006
Picon

where to download the ggn package

Hi,

is the package ggn (gentium) available for download
somewhere? I found this link http://www.hft.ei.tum.de/mz/ggn.tar.bz2
but I am not sure it's the latest version. Any hints please?

Regards,
Thanh
Peter Dyballa | 30 Oct 17:32 2006
Picon

Re: where to download the ggn package

Am 30.10.2006 um 14:31 schrieb Thanh Han The:

> Hi,
>
> is the package ggn (gentium) available for download
> somewhere? I found this link http://www.hft.ei.tum.de/mz/ggn.tar.bz2
> but I am not sure it's the latest version. Any hints please?

I think it's still preliminary. Some days ago I submitted to Michael
Zedler a new T3 encoding for Gentium ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.
Thanh Han The | 30 Oct 18:18 2006

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 09:46:43AM -0500, Michael Zedler wrote:
> Thanh Han The schrieb:
> >Hi,
> >
> >is the package ggn (gentium) available for download
> >somewhere? I found this link http://www.hft.ei.tum.de/mz/ggn.tar.bz2
> >but I am not sure it's the latest version. Any hints please?
>
> http://www.hft.ei.tum.de/mz/vgn.tar.bz2, as Karl mentioned that vgn is
> the correct family name for Gentium.
> Apart from the renaming nothing has changed.

thanks for the link. It seems that T5 support is incomplete
-- there are no fd files for T5 encoding. I made one from
t1vgn.fd

Regards,
Thanh

PS: any news about Myriad? Or if you can give me some hints
how to make it, I will give a try.
Karl Berry | 30 Oct 19:12 2006

Re: where to download the ggn package

    > >but I am not sure it's the latest version. Any hints please?

Theoretically, we are still waiting for SIL to release a new version of
Gentium.  Victor (Gaultney) said they were going to release pfb files
themselves.  And, he also said that at that point they would give us
permission to make a free release with TeX support using the name
"Gentium" in one way or another, which would be better all around.

SIL Charis and Doulos still seem worth considering to me, based on
Michael's report that they have Cyrillic, phonetic, and (most
interesting for you) Vietnamese.  SIL is not actively working on those
fonts, and Victor said we should just do whatever, including renaming.
Michael and I came up with "Chariot" and "Toulouse" for the names, but
no actual support yet that I know of ...

Joel Salomon | 17 Dec 18:31 2006

On 10/30/06, Karl Berry <karl <at> freefriends.org> wrote:
> Theoretically, we are still waiting for SIL to release a new version of
> Gentium.  Victor (Gaultney) said they were going to release pfb files
> themselves.  And, he also said that at that point they would give us
> permission to make a free release with TeX support using the name
> "Gentium" in one way or another, which would be better all around.

Has anything occurred along those lines, or is
<http://www.hft.ei.tum.de/mz/vgn.tar.bz2> still the most up-to-date
interim packaging of Gentium for Τεχ?

--Joel