Karl Berry | 11 Oct 22:53 2006

Re: missing Adobe AFM files?

    I've added those files right now.

Thanks for adding the afm files.

    which have a clarified free license.

Where is this license, please?  I wasn't aware that Adobe had clarified
the free state of the afm's.  That's great.

    worth to use the new AFM files which come with greatly enhanced sets
    of kerning pairs.

That would be nice, but we must not change the existing tfm files, that
would break typesetting compatibility.  I imagine we could come up with
new names, one way or another (maybe u... instead of p...), if someone
wants to undertake the project.

Thanks,
karl
Werner LEMBERG | 11 Oct 23:48 2006
Picon

Re: missing Adobe AFM files?

>     which have a clarified free license.
>
> Where is this license, please?

It's in the bundles (in CTAN/fonts/adobe/afm):

  This file and the 35 PostScript(R) AFM files it accompanies may be
  used, copied, and distributed for any purpose and without charge,
  with or without modification, provided that all copyright notices
  are retained; that the AFM files are not distributed without this
  file; that all modifications to this file or any of the AFM files
  are prominently noted in the modified file(s); and that this
  paragraph is not modified. Adobe Systems has no responsibility or
  obligation to support the use of the AFM files.

    Werner
Frank Küster | 12 Oct 08:29 2006
Picon

Re: missing Adobe AFM files?

 Werner LEMBERG <wl <at> gnu.org> wrote:

>>     which have a clarified free license.
>>
>> Where is this license, please?
>
> It's in the bundles (in CTAN/fonts/adobe/afm):
>
>   This file and the 35 PostScript(R) AFM files it accompanies may be
>   used, copied, and distributed for any purpose and without charge,
>   with or without modification, provided that all copyright notices
>   are retained; that the AFM files are not distributed without this
>   file; that all modifications to this file or any of the AFM files
>   are prominently noted in the modified file(s); and that this
>   paragraph is not modified. Adobe Systems has no responsibility or
>   obligation to support the use of the AFM files.

Great.  Simply great.

Thanks, Frank

Dr. Frank Küster
Single Molecule Spectroscopy, Protein Folding  <at>  Inst. f. Biochemie, Univ. Zürich
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)

Gmane