Richard Koch | 6 May 21:54 2012

TeXShop 3.07

Folks,

TeXShop 3.07 is available at

	http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html

I restored the Sparkle upgrade mechanism:  copies of TeXShop 2 upgrade to the latest version, currently
2.43, and copies of TeXShop 3 upgrade to the latest version, currently 3.07.

I was distracted by other projects In the interval between the last upgrade and this one. Many people asked
for changes, and some sent me changes which I promised to include in the program. My apologies if your
change isn't present; please resend those suggestions and changes. I'll do my best to make them now;
the one hitch is that we will start to build MacTeX-2012 next week.

Dick Koch
TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
On May 6, 2012, at 2:54 PM, Richard Koch wrote:

> Folks,
>
> TeXShop 3.07 is available at
>
> 	http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html
>
> I restored the Sparkle upgrade mechanism:  copies of TeXShop 2 upgrade to the latest version, currently
2.43, and copies of TeXShop 3 upgrade to the latest version, currently 3.07.

> I was distracted by other projects In the interval between the last upgrade and this one. Many people asked
for changes, and some sent me changes which I promised to include in the program. My apologies if your
change isn't present; please resend those suggestions and changes. I'll do my best to make them now;
> the one hitch is that we will start to build MacTeX-2012 next week.
>
> Dick Koch

Howdy,

Thanks for the update. Unlike Gary, this time around I didn't lose the document icons! I have before. This
time I didn't first open TeXShop to check it out and then open a document; after installing I went directly
to my Docs folder and the documents still had the correct icon and double clicking a document to open
TeXShop for the first time just worked and the icons stayed. Hmmm... maybe I should re-boot and make sure.
Previous times I had to do what Gary did; rebuild the Launch Services DB.

Sigh... since I don't have a paid developer account I can't get a signature so I can no longer compile
TeXShop. On the other hand I don't really have anything to add! At some point I wanted to see if I could make
the variables that govern Command Completion part of the TSDocument class since they are now static
(Continue reading)

Herbert Schulz | 7 May 02:36 2012
Picon

Re: TeXShop 3.07

On May 6, 2012, at 7:21 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On May 6, 2012, at 2:54 PM, Richard Koch wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> TeXShop 3.07 is available at
>>
>> 	http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html
>>
>> I restored the Sparkle upgrade mechanism:  copies of TeXShop 2 upgrade to the latest version, currently
2.43, and copies of TeXShop 3 upgrade to the latest version, currently 3.07.

>> I was distracted by other projects In the interval between the last upgrade and this one. Many people
asked for changes, and some sent me changes which I promised to include in the program. My apologies if your
change isn't present; please resend those suggestions and changes. I'll do my best to make them now;
>> the one hitch is that we will start to build MacTeX-2012 next week.
>>
>> Dick Koch
>
> Howdy,
>
> Thanks for the update. Unlike Gary, this time around I didn't lose the document icons! I have before. This
time I didn't first open TeXShop to check it out and then open a document; after installing I went directly
to my Docs folder and the documents still had the correct icon and double clicking a document to open
TeXShop for the first time just worked and the icons stayed. Hmmm... maybe I should re-boot and make sure.
Previous times I had to do what Gary did; rebuild the Launch Services DB.

(Continue reading)

Richard Koch | 7 May 04:51 2012

Re: TeXShop 3.07

Herb,

On May 6, 2012, at 5:21 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> Sigh... since I don't have a paid developer account I can't get a signature so I can no longer compile TeXShop.

The "signature" feature is set in an XCode configure panel for TeXShop; you get
their by clicking on TeXShop in the top of the left panel. You can change this item
to "no signature." Anyone who compiles TeXShop from source code will have to
change that item to either "no signature" or to the identifier for their signature,
 since their Keychain won't have my signature.

Dick

TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Herbert Schulz | 7 May 14:26 2012
Picon

Re: TeXShop 3.07

On May 6, 2012, at 9:51 PM, Richard Koch wrote:

> Herb,
>
> On May 6, 2012, at 5:21 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>> Sigh... since I don't have a paid developer account I can't get a signature so I can no longer compile TeXShop.
>
> The "signature" feature is set in an XCode configure panel for TeXShop; you get
> their by clicking on TeXShop in the top of the left panel. You can change this item
> to "no signature." Anyone who compiles TeXShop from source code will have to
> change that item to either "no signature" or to the identifier for their signature,
> since their Keychain won't have my signature.
>
> Dick

Howdy,

Got it. I downloaded the source again and it appears that you unchecked the Signature requirement in the
distributed source now.

My Objective-C is not very strong so it will take a while for me to try to change those static variables to
object variables. The bug isn't a horrible thing but rather an annoying thing that can be ``fixed up'' by
the user to get it back in sync. Not a crasher.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)