mike | 2 Aug 16:07 2009

FW: BST file problem

Dear MiKTeX users

I have created several BST files that correctly produce the required
styles, but the BLG files report many errors of the form:

You can't pop an empty literal stack for entry XXXYY
while executing---line nnnn of file ABCD.bst
You can't pop an empty literal stack for entry XXXYY

Where line nnnn is always:

ITERATE {call.type$}

I've wasted hours trying to find the cause of this, and I've searched
the Internet to no avail. Can anyone please help?

Best regards, Michael Brace

Joseph Wright | 2 Aug 19:04 2009
Picon

Re: FW: BST file problem

mike wrote:
> Dear MiKTeX users
>
> I have created several BST files that correctly produce the required
> styles, but the BLG files report many errors of the form:
>
> You can't pop an empty literal stack for entry XXXYY
> while executing---line nnnn of file ABCD.bst
> You can't pop an empty literal stack for entry XXXYY
>
> Where line nnnn is always:
>
> ITERATE {call.type$}
>
> I've wasted hours trying to find the cause of this, and I've searched
> the Internet to no avail. Can anyone please help?
>
> Best regards, Michael Brace

We'll need to see the files (or at least the modifications): BibTeX is
telling you that somehow you end up with nothing on the stack and try
pop$ or something related.

By the way, this is not a MiKTeX-specific thing: you might get a wider
audience at comp.text.tex.

Joseph Wright