Goebel, Juergen | 22 Dec 13:24 2011

Re: Errors using the example from TikZ manual

Bernhard Kleine [mailto:bernhard.kleine <at> gmx.net]

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> with the following code I encounter errors for unknown reasons. The
> tutorial pages are 46-48 where the code is taken from.
>
> As I get only digests from this list, please put myself in CC
> that I get
> any reply faster.
>
> Bernhard

After adding

\documentclass{scrartcl}
\usepackage{tikz}

and removing \maketitle as well as the typo at stealth'
the example runs without any complaint. May be you
should tell us something more ...

Jürgen

Write once. Port to many.

Bernhard Kleine | 22 Dec 14:20 2011

Am Donnerstag, den 22.12.2011, 13:24 +0100 schrieb Goebel, Juergen:
> Bernhard Kleine [mailto:bernhard.kleine <at> gmx.net]
>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > with the following code I encounter errors for unknown reasons. The
> > tutorial pages are 46-48 where the code is taken from.
> >
> > As I get only digests from this list, please put myself in CC
> > that I get
> > any reply faster.
> >
> > Bernhard
> >

> After adding
>
> \documentclass{scrartcl}
> \usepackage{tikz}
>
> and removing \maketitle as well as the typo at stealth'
> the example runs without any complaint. May be you
> should tell us something more ...
>
> Jürgen

Sorry, I copied the pre/.style line from the TikZ-Manual (Version 2.10;
page 48). If you know that there is a typo, please let me know. The
(Continue reading)

Goebel, Juergen | 22 Dec 14:59 2011

Re: Errors using the example from TikZ manual

Bernhard Kleine:

> Sorry, I copied the pre/.style line from the TikZ-Manual
> (Version 2.10;
> page 48). If you know that there is a typo, please let me know. The
> maketitle command should not influence anything, hopefully.

It's the apostroph at the stealth, maybe the mail transformed
it to an unknown symbol.  BTW, which error messages did you get?

Jürgen

Write once. Port to many.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-appdev
Bernhard Kleine | 22 Dec 15:24 2011

Am Donnerstag, den 22.12.2011, 14:59 +0100 schrieb Goebel, Juergen:
> Bernhard Kleine:
>
> > Sorry, I copied the pre/.style line from the TikZ-Manual
> > (Version 2.10;
> > page 48). If you know that there is a typo, please let me know. The
> > maketitle command should not influence anything, hopefully.
>
> It's the apostroph at the stealth, maybe the mail transformed
> it to an unknown symbol.  BTW, which error messages did you get?
>
> Jürgen

The apostroph is definitely in the TikZ manual :(

the error message:

 []

! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                   \OT1\textquoteright
l.43     edge [pre] (startmiddle)
                                 ;
The control sequence marked <to be read again> should
not appear between \csname and \endcsname.

! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                   \OT1\textquoteright
(Continue reading)

Goebel, Juergen | 22 Dec 15:29 2011

Bernhard Kleine wrote:

> The apostroph is definitely in the TikZ manual :(

Please add the line

\usetikzlibrary{arrows}

after

\usepackage{tikz}

and you will get the stealth-arrows even with the mysterious apostrophe!
(thanks to google)

Merry X-mas

Jürgen

Write once. Port to many.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-appdev
Bernhard Kleine | 22 Dec 16:05 2011

Am Donnerstag, den 22.12.2011, 15:29 +0100 schrieb Goebel, Juergen:
> Bernhard Kleine wrote:
>
> > The apostroph is definitely in the TikZ manual :(
>
> Please add the line
>
> \usetikzlibrary{arrows}
>
> after
>
> \usepackage{tikz}
>
> and you will get the stealth-arrows even with the mysterious apostrophe!
> (thanks to google)
>
> Merry X-mas
>
> Jürgen
this has been in the original example already :

\usepackage{tikz}
\usetikzlibrary{arrows,decorations.pathmorphing,backgrounds,positioning,fit,petri}

time to wonder. sort order?

Bernhard

(Continue reading)

Bernhard Kleine | 22 Dec 16:11 2011

Re: Errors using the example from TikZ manual

Am Donnerstag, den 22.12.2011, 15:29 +0100 schrieb Goebel, Juergen:
> Bernhard Kleine wrote:
>
> > The apostroph is definitely in the TikZ manual :(
>
> Please add the line
>
> \usetikzlibrary{arrows}
>
> after
>
> \usepackage{tikz}
>
> and you will get the stealth-arrows even with the mysterious apostrophe!
> (thanks to google)
>
> Merry X-mas
>
> Jürgen
I happen to notice that I omitted the preamble:
\documentclass[a4paper,fontspace=10pt]{scrartcl}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
%opening
\title{verkettete Listen\_Schema}
\author{B.Kleine}
\usepackage{tikz}
\usetikzlibrary{arrows,decorations.pathmorphing,backgrounds,positioning,fit,petri}

(Continue reading)

Goebel, Juergen | 22 Dec 15:23 2011

Re: Errors using the example from TikZ manual

Bernhard Kleine wrote:

[...]

Addendum: Using stealth' I get an error message too.

! Package pgf Error: Arrow end type ``stealth'´´ unknown.

Maybe there is a problem with the version? Here is mine:

scrartcl.cls    2011/06/16 v3.09a KOMA-Script document class (article)
scrkbase.sty    2011/06/16 v3.09a KOMA-Script package (KOMA-Script-dependent ba
sics and keyval usage)
 scrbase.sty    2011/06/16 v3.09a KOMA-Script package (KOMA-Script-independent
basics and keyval usage)
  keyval.sty    1999/03/16 v1.13 key=value parser (DPC)
scrlfile.sty    2011/03/09 v3.09 KOMA-Script package (loading files)
tocbasic.sty    2011/05/30 v3.09a KOMA-Script package (handling toc-files)
scrsize11pt.clo    2011/06/16 v3.09a KOMA-Script font size class option (11pt)
typearea.sty    2011/06/16 v3.09a KOMA-Script package (type area)
    tikz.sty    2010/10/13 v2.10 (rcs-revision 1.76)
     pgf.sty    2008/01/15 v2.10 (rcs-revision 1.12)
  pgfrcs.sty    2010/10/25 v2.10 (rcs-revision 1.24)
everyshi.sty    1999/06/08 v2.03 EveryShipout Package (MS)
  pgfrcs.code.tex
 pgfcore.sty    2010/04/11 v2.10 (rcs-revision 1.7)
graphicx.sty    1999/02/16 v1.0f Enhanced LaTeX Graphics (DPC,SPQR)
graphics.sty    2006/02/20 v1.0o Standard LaTeX Graphics (DPC,SPQR)
    trig.sty    1999/03/16 v1.09 sin cos tan (DPC)
graphics.cfg    2001/08/31 v1.1 graphics configuration of teTeX/TeXLive