Philip TAYLOR | 15 May 19:03 2012
Picon

Re: Scripting root file behaviour

Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Doesn't placing the line
>
> % !TEX root = path/to/root/file.tex
>
> (where path/to/root/file.tex is the absolute or relative path to the root file, file.tex) at the top of
each of the included or input files do the job?

But what if one or more of the included or input files
is referenced from more than one main file ?  WinEDT's
"Set main file" allows this, without requiring that
included or input files be modified to indicate with
which main file they are currently associated.

Philip Taylor

Thomas Fehige | 16 May 16:39 2012

Am 15.05.2012 19:03, schrieb Philip TAYLOR:

> Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> Doesn't placing the line
>>
>> % !TEX root = path/to/root/file.tex
>>
>> (where path/to/root/file.tex is the absolute or relative path to the
>> root file, file.tex) at the top of each of the included or input files
>> do the job?
>
> But what if one or more of the included or input files
> is referenced from more than one main file ? WinEDT's
> "Set main file" allows this, without requiring that
> included or input files be modified to indicate with
> which main file they are currently associated.
>
> Philip Taylor

Exactly. I maintain and develop my own (Xe)LaTeX style and class files
and its their "nature" that they are to be used by more than one
document. I mostly have a testbed document and the real thing and for
another project I reuse older style and class files. In WinEdt I used to
use the Main File mechanism quite regularly.

Stefan, the "undefined;"-workaround seems to do the trick, thanks!

All the best -- Thomas
(Continue reading)

Herbert Schulz | 16 May 16:45 2012

On May 16, 2012, at 9:39 AM, Thomas Fehige wrote:

> Exactly. I maintain and develop my own (Xe)LaTeX style and class files and its their "nature" that they are
to be used by more than one document. I mostly have a testbed document and the real thing and for another
project I reuse older style and class files. In WinEdt I used to use the Main File mechanism quite regularly.

> Stefan, the "undefined;"-workaround seems to do the trick, thanks!
>
> All the best -- Thomas

Howdy,

Then put them in your personal texmf tree.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Gmane