Chris Down | 7 Feb 05:18 2013

Snapshots not working

Hi all,

I'm trying to get snapshot archives working on cgit, but using the
following in /etc/cgitrc doesn't seem to do anything:

    snapshots=tar tar.gz tar.bz2 zip

You can see the affected site here: http://git.illco.de

I'm using v0.9.1-4-g05da. Is there something else that I'm supposed to
do to get snapshots working?

Best,

Chris
Jason A. Donenfeld | 7 Feb 05:29 2013

Re: Snapshots not working

Hi Chris,

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 5:18 AM, Chris Down <chris@...> wrote:

> I'm using v0.9.1-4-g05da. Is there something else that I'm supposed to
> do to get snapshots working?

http://git.illco.de/clarity/snapshot/clarity-master.zip appears to
work fine. But I don't see the links in the HTML. Do you have cache
settings that are really aggressive that are caching the old HTML?
(Try deleting that cache directory, if so.) Or do you have a per-repo
setting that's disabling it?

Jason
Chris Down | 7 Feb 06:06 2013

Re: Snapshots not working

Hi Jason,

AFAIK I don't have any caching (at least, I have no caching set up in
nginx or fastcgi). This issue even occurred before I had any branches
other than "master", too, so I don't think it can be a cache issue
since those have since appeared in cgit (although I'm more than
willing to be proved wrong about that).

Here's how my /etc/cgitrc looks:

--

virtual-root=/
scan-path=/home/git

--

And here's my nginx config for cgit:

--

server {
    listen 80;

    location ~* ^.+\.(css|png|ico)$ {
        root /var/www/cgit;
(Continue reading)

Lars Hjemli | 7 Feb 08:01 2013
Picon

Re: Snapshots not working

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 6:06 AM, Chris Down <chris@...> wrote:
> Here's how my /etc/cgitrc looks:
>
> virtual-root=/
> scan-path=/home/git
> snapshots=tar tar.gz tar.bz2 zip

Since snapshots are specified after scan-path, the setting will not be honored.

--
larsh

Gmane