Dave Abrahams | 12 Apr 00:00 2011
Picon
Picon

git-svn dying unceremoniously


Does anyone know a cure for this?

% git svn fetch
        A       boost/boost/graph/uniform_cost_search.hpp
        A       boost/boost/graph/properties.hpp
        A       boost/boost/graph/smallest_last_vertex_ordering.hpp
        A       boost/boost/graph/johnson_all_pairs_shortest_paths.hpp
        .
        .
        .
        A       boost/libs/graph/docs/MutableGraph.html
r7701 = c2434d3062416adac72b370ce3b993a9857e2029 (refs/remotes/trunk)
error: git-svn died of signal 13

Thanks,
Dave

--

-- 
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com

Jonathan Nieder | 12 Apr 04:12 2011
Picon

Re: git-svn dying unceremoniously

Hi Dave,

Dave Abrahams wrote:

> Does anyone know a cure for this?
> 
> % git svn fetch
>         A       boost/boost/graph/uniform_cost_search.hpp
>         A       boost/boost/graph/properties.hpp
>         A       boost/boost/graph/smallest_last_vertex_ordering.hpp
>         A       boost/boost/graph/johnson_all_pairs_shortest_paths.hpp
>         .
>         .
>         .
>         A       boost/libs/graph/docs/MutableGraph.html
> r7701 = c2434d3062416adac72b370ce3b993a9857e2029 (refs/remotes/trunk)
> error: git-svn died of signal 13

Very old bug, not well understood.  No cure, only workarounds.

See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/134936/focus=134940
and the surrounding thread for hints.

Hope that helps,
Jonathan
Andres Freund | 12 Apr 08:50 2011
Picon

Re: git-svn dying unceremoniously

Hi,

On Tuesday 12 April 2011 04:12:24 Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> See
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/134936/focus=134940
> and the surrounding thread for hints.
I hit that again some days ago and after stracing I started dumping the 
network transfer. For me it looks like the server simply closes the 
connection. Seemingly always directly after a tls key renegotiation... I 
didn't dig further so far.

Andres
Dave Abrahams | 12 Apr 18:02 2011
Picon
Picon

Re: git-svn dying unceremoniously

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 2:50 AM, Andres Freund <andres <at> anarazel.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 12 April 2011 04:12:24 Jonathan Nieder wrote:
>> See
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/134936/focus=134940
>> and the surrounding thread for hints.
> I hit that again some days ago and after stracing I started dumping the
> network transfer. For me it looks like the server simply closes the
> connection. Seemingly always directly after a tls key renegotiation... I
> didn't dig further so far.

I managed to get a lot farther with

   while ! git svn fetch ; do sleep 1 ; done

But eventually I exceeded my disk quota:

error: bad index file sha1 signature
fatal: index file corrupt
write-tree: command returned error: 128

:(

--

-- 
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com
Thomas Ferris Nicolaisen | 13 Apr 14:46 2011
Picon

Re: git-svn dying unceremoniously

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave <at> boostpro.com> wrote:
> I managed to get a lot farther with
>
>   while ! git svn fetch ; do sleep 1 ; done
>
> But eventually I exceeded my disk quota:
>
> error: bad index file sha1 signature
> fatal: index file corrupt
> write-tree: command returned error: 128
>

I've run into this in my git-svn clones as well. It happened once last
year. I tried this trick I found googling around:

rm -f .git/index
git read-tree --reset HEAD
git status

.. but it didn't help. I ended up re-doing the git svn clone. Since
then it has worked fine.
Dave Abrahams | 13 Apr 16:27 2011
Picon
Picon

Re: git-svn dying unceremoniously

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 8:46 AM, Thomas Ferris Nicolaisen
<tfnico <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave <at> boostpro.com> wrote:
>> I managed to get a lot farther with
>>
>>   while ! git svn fetch ; do sleep 1 ; done
>>
>> But eventually I exceeded my disk quota:
>>
>> error: bad index file sha1 signature
>> fatal: index file corrupt
>> write-tree: command returned error: 128
>>
>
> I've run into this in my git-svn clones as well. It happened once last
> year. I tried this trick I found googling around:
>
> rm -f .git/index
> git read-tree --reset HEAD
> git status
>
> .. but it didn't help. I ended up re-doing the git svn clone. Since
> then it has worked fine.

Yeah, I'm redoing mine as well.  It'll probably "only" take another 24
hours to finish, but at least it doesn't seem to be getting stuck!

Thanks, all

--

-- 
(Continue reading)


Gmane