Frans Klaver | 8 Nov 23:09 2011
Picon

git-svn: t9155 fails against subversion 1.7.0

For kicks I decided to run the tests and noticed that on master  
t9155-git-svn-fetch-deleted-tag fails against svn 1.7.0. We hit an  
assertion in subversion's dirent_uri.c, stating that we don't provide a  
canonical url. I haven't tested against other subversion versions. I dare  
assume that this issue doesn't arise on earlier versions. It probably  
won't affect a lot of users right now, but it will in the future.

Here's some verbose test output:
expecting success:
	git svn init --stdlayout "$svnrepo" git_project &&
	cd git_project &&
	git svn fetch &&

	git diff --exit-code mybranch:trunk/subdir/file tags/mytag:file &&
	git diff --exit-code master:subdir/file tags/mytag^:file

Initialized empty Git repository in /home/frans/devsw/git/t/trash  
directory.t9155-git-svn-fetch-deleted-tag/git_project/.git/
svn: E235000: In file 'subversion/libsvn_subr/dirent_uri.c' line 2291:  
assertion failed (svn_uri_is_canonical(url, pool))
error: git-svn died of signal 6
not ok - 2 fetch deleted tags from same revision with checksum error

I've been trying to debug and got down to:
Git::SVN::Ra::new(/home/frans/devsw/git/git-svn:5496):
5496:		my $self = SVN::Ra->new(url => escape_url($url), auth => $baton,
5497:		                      config => $config,
5498:				      pool => SVN::Pool->new,
5499:		                      auth_provider_callbacks => $callbacks);
...
(Continue reading)

Frans Klaver | 10 Nov 07:02 2011
Picon

Re: git-svn: t9155 fails against subversion 1.7.0

I missed $gmane/184644 in my search for this issue.

On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 23:09:30 +0100, Frans Klaver <fransklaver <at> gmail.com>  
wrote:

> For kicks I decided to run the tests and noticed that on master  
> t9155-git-svn-fetch-deleted-tag fails against svn 1.7.0. We hit an  
> assertion in subversion's dirent_uri.c, stating that we don't provide a  
> canonical url. I haven't tested against other subversion versions. I  
> dare assume that this issue doesn't arise on earlier versions. It  
> probably won't affect a lot of users right now, but it will in the  
> future.
>
> Here's some verbose test output:
> expecting success:
> 	git svn init --stdlayout "$svnrepo" git_project &&
> 	cd git_project &&
> 	git svn fetch &&
>
> 	git diff --exit-code mybranch:trunk/subdir/file tags/mytag:file &&
> 	git diff --exit-code master:subdir/file tags/mytag^:file
>
> Initialized empty Git repository in /home/frans/devsw/git/t/trash  
> directory.t9155-git-svn-fetch-deleted-tag/git_project/.git/
> svn: E235000: In file 'subversion/libsvn_subr/dirent_uri.c' line 2291:  
> assertion failed (svn_uri_is_canonical(url, pool))
> error: git-svn died of signal 6
> not ok - 2 fetch deleted tags from same revision with checksum error
>
> I've been trying to debug and got down to:
(Continue reading)

Robin H. Johnson | 5 Feb 22:25 2012
Picon

Re: git-svn: t9155 fails against subversion 1.7.0

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 07:02:13AM +0100,  Frans Klaver wrote:
> I missed $gmane/184644 in my search for this issue.
Did you make any progress in fixing this?

> On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 23:09:30 +0100, Frans Klaver <fransklaver <at> gmail.com>  
> wrote:
> 
> > For kicks I decided to run the tests and noticed that on master  
> > t9155-git-svn-fetch-deleted-tag fails against svn 1.7.0. We hit an  
> > assertion in subversion's dirent_uri.c, stating that we don't provide a  
> > canonical url. I haven't tested against other subversion versions. I  
> > dare assume that this issue doesn't arise on earlier versions. It  
> > probably won't affect a lot of users right now, but it will in the  
> > future.

--

-- 
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
E-Mail     : robbat2 <at> gentoo.org
GnuPG FP   : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
Frans Klaver | 6 Feb 09:02 2012
Picon

Re: git-svn: t9155 fails against subversion 1.7.0

Hi Robin,

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2 <at> gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 07:02:13AM +0100,  Frans Klaver wrote:
>> I missed $gmane/184644 in my search for this issue.
> Did you make any progress in fixing this?

I haven't invested time in this, and the tests still seem to fail on
subversion 1.7.x. Maybe one of the people involved in $gmane/184644
knows more?

Cheers,
Frans
Eric Wong | 6 Feb 23:59 2012
Picon

Re: git-svn: t9155 fails against subversion 1.7.0

Frans Klaver <fransklaver <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't invested time in this, and the tests still seem to fail on
> subversion 1.7.x. Maybe one of the people involved in $gmane/184644
> knows more?

Not me.  I haven't had time/interest in dealing with SVN in a while.

I've always hoped somebody else has the time+interest for git-svn, but
given the self-obsoleting nature of git-svn, it's hard to find
motivation.

Gmane