Luis Matos | 3 Nov 18:53 2006

Re: Next Trac (0.10.1 or 0.11) with Genshi as only new feature

Sex, 2006-11-03 às 14:36 +0100, Christian Boos escreveu:

> Well, I was initially thinking the same way as you, essentially because
> I feared to have to support 0.10/ClearSilver for a long time. But that
> proved to be not as painful as I thought, so this now less important for
> me. The fixes needed for 0.10 are very seldom related to issues in the
> templates (1 minor bug fix so far and the <guid> enhancements from Manu).
>
> Now, we just asked everybody to switch to 0.10 a few weeks ago, and a
> lot are still using 0.9.x. The major motivation for upgrade here is
> probably the SpamFilter and possibly the enhancements to the version
> control subsystem (?).
> I can imagine it would be hard to sell the upgrade 0.11 for the sake of
> "internal" changes.  Our users have a (hopefully!) working version and
> they probably don't want to upgrade /just/ for having a new template
> engine. What a lot of people would like to have in the next version are
> some major new features like the new WorkFlow enhancement, so I think
> that we should have at least that one in the list of "user visible changes".
>
> -- Christian

True ... i am waiting for the 0.11 with bug fixes and, because somebody
mentioned it, 0.11 is important to ship with debian and package freeze
is coming.

As debian user, i would wish that you ship 0.11 before the end of the
month.
(Continue reading)

Christian Boos | 3 Nov 18:58 2006
Picon

Luis Matos wrote:
> True ... i am waiting for the 0.11 with bug fixes and, because somebody
> mentioned it, 0.11 is important to ship with debian and package freeze
> is coming.
>
> As debian user, i would wish that you ship 0.11 before the end of the
> month.

October, you mean? ;)

More seriously, I think you wanted to write '0.10.1' in the above, as
that would be the bug fix release. End of November could be a reasonable
schedule for that (well, not with *all* the 50+ open tickets fixed, but
the most important ones, hopefully).

-- Christian

Luis Matos | 3 Nov 19:08 2006

Sex, 2006-11-03 às 18:58 +0100, Christian Boos escreveu:
> Luis Matos wrote:
> > True ... i am waiting for the 0.11 with bug fixes and, because somebody
> > mentioned it, 0.11 is important to ship with debian and package freeze
> > is coming.
> >
> > As debian user, i would wish that you ship 0.11 before the end of the
> > month.
> >

> October, you mean? ;)

> More seriously, I think you wanted to write '0.10.1' in the above, as
> that would be the bug fix release. End of November could be a reasonable
> schedule for that (well, not with *all* the 50+ open tickets fixed, but
> the most important ones, hopefully).
>
> -- Christian

true 0.10.1. I think debian is a good way of trac deployment and people
rely on debian's security and bug response

Best Regards,
--
Luis Matos