Mikael Relbe | 4 Jun 14:36 2010
Picon

[Trac-dev] Re: Announcement: TracTicketChangesetsPlugin, a new plugin for Trac 0.12

> Congratulation!

Thank you!

> > The plugin works with multiple repositories. Language is translated if Babel
> > is installed.
>
> I seriously doubt this would work with current code. Did you test it?
> Browsing the repo I failed to find a message catalog as well as the bare
> minimum of configuration for generation/updating one. Importing a single
> translation function is not enough. Consider reading the almost finished
> i18n/l10n guide for Trac plugins:
>  http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/CookBook/PluginL10N

Ah, but the trick was to only use existing strings used by the core of
Trac 0.12 ;)
I am the translator for the Swedish locale... So, yes it works!

BUT, you are nevertheless correct, there is one string (I think) that
goes untranslated, but this is not part of the normal use case (or
should not be very frequent at least). But that string is also the
same as in Trac core (tracopts/commit_updater, I don't know why that
string is not part of messages.pot).

The important strings that I've added -- the header of the new section
and a couple of other lingual expressions, that are frequent and will
show up with existing page content -- are all existing in messages.pot
and thus translated.

(Continue reading)

Remy Blank | 4 Jun 14:45 2010
Picon

Re: [Trac-dev] Re: Announcement: TracTicketChangesetsPlugin, a new plugin for Trac 0.12

Mikael Relbe wrote:
> Ah, but the trick was to only use existing strings used by the core of
> Trac 0.12 ;)

Ooh, nifty! But also somewhat fragile, as you will need to update your
code whenever one of those strings changes in core. And have different
plugin version for before and after the change in core.

Of course, if you are only using very frequent strings like
"changesets", then you should be fine.

-- Remy

Mikael Relbe | 4 Jun 14:50 2010

On Jun 4, 2:45 pm, Remy Blank <remy.bl... <at> pobox.com> wrote:
> Of course, if you are only using very frequent strings like
> "changesets", then you should be fine.
That's exactly the case (with one exception, or so).

-- Mikael