Emmanuel Blot | 1 Jun 12:47 2007
Picon

[Trac] Re: Problems setting up Trac

>     DocumentRoot "C:/Trac"
^^^^
You probably don't want to do this (anyway it's useless)
(define this to an empty dir outside Trac tree, for example)

>         PythonOption TracEnvParentDir "C:/Trac"
Just checking: c:\Trac contains several Trac projects on your machine,
is that it?

> <VirtualHost itt.tittlers.net:80>
>     ServerName itt.tittlers.net
>     RedirectPermanent / https://itt.tittlers.net/
> </VirtualHost>

I guess this is the main issue: what do you want to achieve here ^^^ ?

HTTPS usually use port 443, NOT 80 which is dedicated to HTTP

If you want to access all your Trac environments, first define your
virtual host to server 443 port (ie the first two lines of your config
file should not use :80).

Once everything works with https://, that is you can successfully
reach Trac using  <at>  https://itt.tittlers.net/... you'll want to add the
redirect instructions so that HTTP  requests (on port 80) are
redirected to secured HTTPS (port :443). Proceed one step after
another:
first get it work on https, then update your server config for
redirecting standard requests.
(Continue reading)

Julie Tittler | 8 Jun 14:23 2007

[Trac] Re: Problems setting up Trac

I got it working. Thanks. I had to do the definition in my SSL config
file and assign Trac its own port. Now Trac works just fine.

Thanks for the help,
Julie