Sumith | 1 Jun 13:14 2007
Picon

[Trac] Re: Single Trac Ticket System with Multiple Repositories

Dear Christian & All,

Thanks for the help so far. It works fine so far.

Now I am having a problem of sharing the attachment across Wikis.

Trac by default store attachments in "attachments" directory within
the project. Therefore when I attach a file from one project, it is
not accessible from other.

There are two possible solutions I see:

1. Add new directive to [attachments] section in trac.ini. Then I can
define that directive inside the common configuration file and share
among all projects. Sorry, I cannot develop the patch myself rather
than begging someone :(

2. Create a link from one Trac project directory to other. Then what I
have is a link names 'attachments' instead of a directory.
Unfortunately, this did not worked (at least for me on Windows XP).
Will someone be able to give me a patch to enable this.

Or else is there any other better way to handle this?

Please bare with me. I am requesting too much :(

Regards,
Sumith

(Continue reading)

Christian Boos | 1 Jun 13:32 2007

Sumith wrote:
> Dear Christian & All,
>
> Thanks for the help so far. It works fine so far.
>
> Now I am having a problem of sharing the attachment across Wikis.
>
> Trac by default store attachments in "attachments" directory within
> the project. Therefore when I attach a file from one project, it is
> not accessible from other.
>
> There are two possible solutions I see:
>
> 1. Add new directive to [attachments] section in trac.ini. Then I can
> define that directive inside the common configuration file and share
> among all projects. Sorry, I cannot develop the patch myself rather
> than begging someone :(

Probably not the way to go.

> 2. Create a link from one Trac project directory to other. Then what I
> have is a link names 'attachments' instead of a directory.
> Unfortunately, this did not worked (at least for me on Windows XP).
> Will someone be able to give me a patch to enable this.

That should work flawlessly on Unix.
For Windows NTFS, I think you have tools that allow you to create
(Continue reading)

Roo | 1 Jun 14:03 2007

On 01/06/07, Christian Boos <cboos@...> wrote:
> That should work flawlessly on Unix.
> For Windows NTFS, I think you have tools that allow you to create
> equivalents to symbolic links (google for "junctions").
>
> -- Christian

Or have a look at Microsoft Windows "Services for Unix" (SFU), it is now free :)

I have not had a chance to evaluate it yet, but it apparently supports
hard and soft symbolic links as well as many other things. It also
provides a Korn and C shell apparently... ROFL!

See: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/44E1270D-FA93-6772-E030-D81ADC0DB149.aspx

Cheers

Sumith | 1 Jun 14:44 2007

On Jun 1, 5:03 pm, Roo <roo.w...@...> wrote:
> On 01/06/07, Christian Boos <c...@...> wrote:
>
> > That should work flawlessly on Unix.
> > For Windows NTFS, I think you have tools that allow you to create
> > equivalents to symbolic links (google for "junctions").
>
> Or have a look at Microsoft Windows "Services for Unix" (SFU), it is now free :)

Dear Christian & Roo,

Thanks for both your suggestions. I tried Christian's suggestion & it
worked for me.

Regards,
Sumith