"René J.V. Bertin" | 20 Feb 18:43 2013
Picon

FFmpeg.framework

Hello

FYI

More or less as a result of the discussion about the ff_log2_tab multiply defined issue, I started toying
with the possibility to pull in all members of static archives ... and ended up creating an Xcode project
that generates an OS X FFmpeg framework this way.
Initially I've done this in a normal build directory created inside the main FFmpeg source tree; I made a 2nd
project which gets the files from a MacPorts installation.
A few quick tests suggest the framework is a fully functional replacement for the standard shared
libraries; ffplay links against it (and a number of external dependencies) and appears to run perfectly
fine. The MacPorts-based framework builds in universal 32/64 bit, the framework based on the regular
build has been tested in 32bit mode only (i.e. the project will have to be adapted to support universal builds)

If there's any interest in this kind of build, I can polish the Xcode project a bit, and post it somewhere.

René
cyril apan | 20 Feb 19:14 2013
Picon

Re: FFmpeg.framework

Hi René,

I'm quite interested into your Xcode project. I have myself thought about doing such a venture but still didn't find any free time to complete the task.
Please post it somewhere, I'm sure I'm not the only interested into this kind of project.

Regards,

Cyril APAN.

Envoyé le : Mercredi 20 février 2013 18h43
Objet : [Libav-user] FFmpeg.framework

[...]

"René J.V. Bertin" | 20 Feb 20:48 2013
Picon

Re: FFmpeg.framework

On Feb 20, 2013, at 19:14, cyril apan wrote:

> Hi René,
>
> I'm quite interested into your Xcode project. I have myself thought about doing such a venture but still
didn't find any free time to complete the task.
> Please post it somewhere, I'm sure I'm not the only interested into this kind of project.
>
> Regards,
>
> Cyril APAN.

Salut Cyril

Here's my framework:
https://github.com/RJVB/FFmpeg.framework

I've installed it in a subdirectory (my build directory) of the FFmpeg source tree, but of course it uses
none of those files for simply building a framework out of an MacPorts installation. Except for the
license file, that is.

Let me know if there are problems with the project,

Regards,
René
francesco | 21 Feb 08:55 2013

Re: FFmpeg.framework