Steven Comfort | 14 Nov 15:23 2011
Picon

Missing text/html decoder

Hi,

I get the following when trying to play an http file:

from element /GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: No decoder available for type 'text/h
tml'.
Additional debug info:
gsturidecodebin.c(756): unknown_type_cb (): /GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0
ERROR: from element
/GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin2:decodebin20: Your GStreame
r installation is missing a plug-in.
Additional debug info:
gstdecodebin2.c(3135): gst_decode_bin_expose (): /GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBi
n2:decodebin20:
no suitable plugins found

Despite seeing quite a lot of queries similar to this I haven't found a solution that works. Please can you
advise what plugin is required?

I have attached the output from gst-inspect.

Best regards
Steve Comfort
fluismd:  ismd_mpeg4_viddec: Intel Streaming Media Driver (ISMD) Hardware MPEG-4 Video Decoder
fluismd:  ismd_mpeg2_viddec: Intel Streaming Media Driver (ISMD) Hardware MPEG-2 Video Decoder
fluismd:  ismd_h264_viddec: Intel Streaming Media Driver (ISMD) Hardware H.264 Video Decoder
fluismd:  ismd_vc1_viddec: Intel Streaming Media Driver (ISMD) Hardware VC1 Video Decoder
fluismd:  ismd_audio_sink: Intel Streaming Media Driver (ISMD) Hardware Audio Renderer Sink
fluismd:  ismd_vidpproc: Intel Streaming Media Driver (ISMD) Hardware Video Post-Processor
(Continue reading)

René Stadler | 14 Nov 16:56 2011
Picon

Re: Missing text/html decoder

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Steven Comfort
<Steven.Comfort <at> uec.co.za> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get the following when trying to play an http file:
>
> from element /GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: No decoder available for type 'text/html'.
[...]

Hi,

it means that the server responds with a web site instead of
multimedia content. Try pointing your browser to the address, you will
most likely see an error message or something. If your browser shows
you something different, the server is probably relying on cookies to
direct you at the content.

--René
Steven Comfort | 15 Nov 11:56 2011
Picon

RE: Missing text/html decoder

Hi Rene,

Thanks - that makes sense. Next question :)

Do you know of a way to get the actual URL for the streaming video/audio?

I've been googling for sites for half the day and can't find any sites that Gstreamer will decode?

Best regards
Steve
From:
gstreamer-embedded-bounces+steven.comfort=uec.co.za@...op.org
[gstreamer-embedded-bounces+steven.comfort=uec.co.za@...ktop.org]
On Behalf Of René Stadler [mail@...]
<Steven.Comfort@...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get the following when trying to play an http file:
>
> from element /GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: No decoder available for type 'text/html'.
[...]

René Stadler | 15 Nov 18:01 2011
Picon

Re: Missing text/html decoder

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Steven Comfort
<Steven.Comfort <at> uec.co.za> wrote:
[...]
> Do you know of a way to get the actual URL for the streaming video/audio?

If it is HTML5 video, it should be pretty obvious from the page
source. For arbitrary Flash based players, there is no standard way to
derive the media URL that I know of.

> I've been googling for sites for half the day and can't find any sites that Gstreamer will decode?

GStreamer can handle almost all formats over http which it can use for
local file playback as well. This is highly dependent on which plugins
you have installed in your system however. If you use the playbin2
element, GStreamer should even tell you which kind of elements you are
missing.

Regards,
--René