salsaman | 19 Nov 16:10 2008

Gamma correction in YUV space

Hi all,
is there a formula for gamma correction in YUV space ? I would imagine it
would be something like:

Y clamped -> Y unclamped -> multiply by gamma_factor

where gamma_factor is the usual R -> R`, G -> G`, B -> B` factor.

Is that correct ?

Cheers,
Salsaman.
http://lives.sourceforge.net

Niels Elburg | 19 Nov 19:03 2008
Picon

Re: Gamma correction in YUV space

Hey Salsaman,

Its sufficient to apply the gamma correction only on Y of the YUV,
The formula is just multiply by gamma factor yes,
but look out for flavours of YUV where scaling could become
an issue if you clip 0-255 or 16-235

Cheers,
Niels