fayyaz lodhi | 30 Dec 18:08 2012
Picon

how to include qnetwork library to qt in vlc source

I am modifying vlc source to use some additional modules from qt library such as qnetwork. By default it only includes qtcore and gui.

The standard way to include these components is to add to qmake .pro file i.e. QT+=network

However, i am not able to locate some thing similar in vlc git source code. I went through modules.am files but couldn't find the libraries specified any where.

The only possible manual way for me so far was to add a line to each occurrence in the make file located at

modules/gui/Makefile like this

-I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui  -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork

LIBS_qt4 =   -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lQtGui -lQtCore  -lQtNetwork -lm

this of course is gone with every recompile and has to be manually done again.

Is there a better way?

Thanks

Francois Cartegnie | 30 Dec 18:58 2012
Picon

Re: how to include qnetwork library to qt in vlc source

Le 30/12/2012 18:08, fayyaz lodhi a écrit :
> The standard way to include these components is to add to qmake .pro file
> i.e. QT+=network

No .pro as build is not handled by Qt.

> LIBS_qt4 =   -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lQtGui -lQtCore  -lQtNetwork -lm
>
> this of course is gone with every recompile and has to be manually done
> again.

Yes it's just another library, so it has to be handled like QtGui.

Francois

fayyaz lodhi | 30 Dec 19:12 2012
Picon

Re: how to include qnetwork library to qt in vlc source

Thanks for the response Francois.

> LIBS_qt4 =   -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lQtGui -lQtCore  -lQtNetwork -lm
>
> this of course is gone with every recompile and has to be manually done
> again.

> Yes it's just another library, so it has to be handled like QtGui.

My understanding is that some where qt core and gui were specified to be included. That is why they were included in the generated make file. I was wondering if i could add network at that place so that i could avoid having to manually patch it with every compilation.

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 10:58 PM, Francois Cartegnie <fcvlcdev <at> free.fr> wrote:
Le 30/12/2012 18:08, fayyaz lodhi a écrit :
> The standard way to include these components is to add to qmake .pro file
> i.e. QT+=network

No .pro as build is not handled by Qt.

> LIBS_qt4 =   -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lQtGui -lQtCore  -lQtNetwork -lm
>
> this of course is gone with every recompile and has to be manually done
> again.

Yes it's just another library, so it has to be handled like QtGui.

Francois

Francois Cartegnie | 30 Dec 21:08 2012

Le 30/12/2012 19:12, fayyaz lodhi a écrit :
> included. That is why they were included in the generated make file. I was
> wondering if i could add network at that place so that i could avoid having
> to manually patch it with every compilation.

What you're looking for is configure.ac

Francois

fayyaz lodhi | 31 Dec 11:37 2012
Picon

Re: how to include qnetwork library to qt in vlc source

Thank you. I some how missed that while locating it myself. Got it included in the main configure file now and verified that generated make files automatically contain the required includes and libs.

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 1:08 AM, Francois Cartegnie <fcvlcdev <at> free.fr> wrote:
Le 30/12/2012 19:12, fayyaz lodhi a écrit :
> included. That is why they were included in the generated make file. I was
> wondering if i could add network at that place so that i could avoid having
> to manually patch it with every compilation.

What you're looking for is configure.ac

Francois
fayyaz lodhi | 17 Jan 06:59 2013
Picon

Re: how to include qnetwork library to qt in vlc source

Can you please advise how do i include the same qtnetwork when cross compiling for windows?

It works fine with linux via configure.ac but when i cross compile, i have to make clean the linux script. and the configure script in extras/package/win32/configure.sh doesn't seem to have any such option.

I also edited the rules.mak in contrib/src/qt4 as follows

ifeq ($(call need_pkg,"QtCore QtGui QtNetwork")

However, i only built the qt4 outside after that i.e. make .qt4 and this didnt work.

Will i need to remake entire contribs? Even if so doesn't it use the qt4 pulled outside via make .qt4?

Please advise - thanks