Olivier Sessink | 14 Apr 20:44 2010
Picon

[Fwd: Re: Windows installation problem: GTK+ Download failed]

Forward from Shawn:

The installers for GTK+ add registry entries which we use to check if
it's installed, what version, and where it's installed.  The flat
bundle doesn't do this so when the installer checks it sees it's not
installed.  Here's a download link to the installer we use:
http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/project/pidgin/GTK%2B%20for%20Windows/2.14.7%20Rev%20A/gtk-runtime-2.14.7-rev-a.exe

As for proxies NSISdl only supports ones that require authentication
or configuration scripts.  By default it uses Internet Explorer's
proxy settings, otherwise a proxy address needs to be manually
specified which we don't support atm.

Shawn Novak

David Aldrich | 15 Apr 10:09 2010
Picon

RE: [Fwd: Re: Windows installation problem: GTK+ Download failed]

Hi Olivier and Shawn

> Here's a download link to the installer we use:
> http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/project/pidgin/GTK%2B%20for%20Windows/2
> .14.7%20Rev%20A/gtk-runtime-2.14.7-rev-a.exe

I ran that GTK installer and the BlueFish installer got further, halting at:

'Dictionary download failed: connecting to host'

> As for proxies NSISdl only supports ones that require authentication
> or configuration scripts.  By default it uses Internet Explorer's
> proxy settings, otherwise a proxy address needs to be manually
> specified which we don't support atm.

I run IE8 and that is properly configured for our proxy. So for some reason the BlueFish installer is failing
to detect the proxy settings.

Unless there could be some other reason for the connection error?

Is there any way I can proceed?

By the way, I want to try BlueFish for C++ development, not for website development. I normally use jEdit. Is
BlueFish a good choice for C++ programming?

Best regards

David

(Continue reading)

Olivier Sessink | 15 Apr 12:34 2010
Picon

RE: [Fwd: Re: Windows installation problem: GTK+ Download failed]

> By the way, I want to try BlueFish for C++ development, not for website
> development. I normally use jEdit. Is BlueFish a good choice for C++
> programming?

I do C programming in Bluefish. The C++ language definition file might
need some improvements to get all the functionality (such as
autocompletion), but all the basics should work. If you can help that
would be much appreciated.

Olivier

Shawn Novak | 8 May 05:16 2010
Picon

Re: [Fwd: Re: Windows installation problem: GTK+ Download failed]

Hi David,

    Could you give this new installer a try when you get a chance?

http://www.muleslow.net/files/bluefish/binaries/win32/nightlies/Bluefish-2.0.1-svn-r5908-setup-20100504.exe
http://www.muleslow.net/files/bluefish/binaries/win32/nightlies/Bluefish-2.0.1-svn-r5908-setup-20100504.exe.md5

I've changed from  the NSISdl plugin to Inetc in hopes that it's
better Proxy support actually works better.  Still looking for some
feedback from people who have actually had an issue with the old
installers and their proxies though. :)

Shawn Novak

David Aldrich | 15 Apr 10:33 2010
Picon

RE: [Fwd: Re: Windows installation problem: GTK+ Download failed]

Hi Olivier and Shawn

> 'Dictionary download failed: connecting to host'

I accepted this error message and then the installer claimed that installation was completed. I can run
Bluefish, but the spell check does not seem to work.

Best regards

David