Alvaro Lopez Ortega | 1 Jun 09:00 2009

Re: Wordpress and favicon's

On 01-jun-09, at 05:54, Scott Jarkoff wrote:

> I first want to say that Cherokee rocks. We recently migrated from
> Apache to Cherokee and are not going to look back. It's really good
> stuff!

Thanks! (for the blog entry too..)

> With that said, I have run in to a slight problem. I've followed the
> Wordpress cookbook from
> http://www.cherokee-project.com/doc/cookbook_wordpress.html and have
> Wordpress running without any problems. However, for some reason I am
> unable to get the favicon.ico to show because it appears that request
> is redirected to Wordpress rather than serving the actual favicon.
>
> Any ideas what I could do to get this to display properly? I assume I
> need to add a redirection handler of some sort.

You'd have to add a new rule:

   Regular Expression: ^/favicon.ico$, Handler: Static Content,
Final=checked.

It's very important that this rule is placed before the redirection,
so when a request for /favicon.ico is received and the server
evaluates the rule list (from top to bottom) it's matched before it's
redirected to index.php.

Cheers!

(Continue reading)

Oli Warner | 1 Jun 09:31 2009

Re: Wordpress and favicon's

I'll add: you need to restart your browser in-between changing favicon (even enabling it for the first time) because they're cached and can't be refreshed in the traditional control+f5/cache-clearing way.

--
Octality
http://www.octality.com/

Scott Jarkoff | 1 Jun 13:08 2009
Picon

Re: Wordpress and favicon's

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 16:31, Oli Warner <oli <at> thepcspy.com> wrote:

> I'll add: you need to restart your browser in-between changing favicon (even
> enabling it for the first time) because they're cached and can't be
> refreshed in the traditional control+f5/cache-clearing way.

Right on. I was not actually waiting to see if the favicon would show
up. What I was doing to test was loading the favicon url in the
browser and continually was issued a 404 error. I was on the right
track but just missed that one single key.

Many thanks! Had it not been for you I would never have known about
Cherokee much less tried it.

Scott Jarkoff
http://techmiso.com/
Scott Jarkoff | 1 Jun 13:06 2009
Picon

Re: Wordpress and favicon's

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 16:00, Alvaro Lopez Ortega <alvaro <at> alobbs.com> wrote:

> Thanks! (for the blog entry too..)

My pleasure. Gotta love good software like Cherokee. Not only does it
work better than advertised, but the community is awesome. I should
really be the one thanking you.

> You'd have to add a new rule:
>  Regular Expression: ^/favicon.ico$, Handler: Static Content, Final=checked.

Damn, I was so close! I had tried /favicon.ico$ and that did not work
so I tried a couple different variants. Had not thought to start with
the caret.

Many *many* _many_ thanks for the assistance. That totally worked. I'm
a favicon serving fool now.

Scott Jarkoff
http://techmiso.com/

Gmane