Sergei Steshenko | 4 May 12:23 2009
Picon

Re: using wildcard to pull all files

--- On Mon, 5/4/09, Daniel Stenberg <daniel <at> haxx.se> wrote:

> From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel <at> haxx.se>
> Subject: Re: using wildcard to pull all files
> To: "the curl tool" <curl-users <at> cool.haxx.se>
> Date: Monday, May 4, 2009, 2:01 AM
> On Mon, 4 May 2009, Sivakumar P
> wrote:
>
> > I use libcurl v 7.19.4.  The functionality
> require pulling all files from FTP Server using FTP over ssl
> in unix environment. I could not use wildcard (*.*)
> Pls suggest how to use wildcards.
>
> 1) Get the list of files
>
> 2) run the wildcard check locally with your required
> wildcard functionality
>
> 3) get each file one after another that matches your
> wildcard function
>
> You'll probably notice that there's no single "proper" way
> to do this.
>
> --
>  / daniel.haxx.se

I think TFTP, for example, doesn't even allow to get file list.
(Continue reading)

Daniel Stenberg | 4 May 12:28 2009

On Mon, 4 May 2009, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

>> require pulling all files from FTP Server using FTP over ssl
>> in unix environment. I could not use wildcard (*.*)

> I think TFTP, for example, doesn't even allow to get file list.

Right, but he actually mentioned FTP over ssl explicitly...

  / daniel.haxx.se
Sivakumar P | 4 May 12:42 2009

Re: using wildcard to pull all files

The function is to connect to the FTP Server, and Pull all files present in the Server (files from a particular folder)
I expect to issue a command like MGET *.* but it doesn't work.

I will have to list the files and pass every filename as runtime parameter to achieve pulling all files.
Even in that case, if any file with space in the file name has difficulty pulling because command line arguments expect filename without space.

Regards
Siv

          Sent by: curl-users-bounces <at> cool.haxx.se

          05/04/09 06:28 PM

          Please respond to
          curl-users <at> cool.haxx.se

curl-users <at> cool.haxx.se

cc

Subject

Re: using wildcard to pull all files

On Mon, 4 May 2009, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

>> require pulling all files from FTP Server using FTP over ssl
>> in unix environment. I could not use wildcard (*.*)

> I think TFTP, for example, doesn't even allow to get file list.

Right, but he actually mentioned FTP over ssl explicitly...

--

 / daniel.haxx.se-------------------------------------------------------------------

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.
Daniel Stenberg | 4 May 12:51 2009
Picon

Re: using wildcard to pull all files

On Mon, 4 May 2009, Sivakumar P wrote:

please don't top-post and there's no reason to mail the -bounces address!

> I will have to list the files and pass every filename as runtime parameter
> to achieve pulling all files. Even in that case, if any file with space in
> the file name has difficulty pulling because command line arguments expect
> filename without space.

curl expects URLs and URLs cannot contain spaces!

> Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
> e-mail is strictly forbidden.

And do smack someone at your company for including this nonsense.

  / daniel.haxx.se