Arnaud Fontaine | 6 Mar 12:32 2011

Split up of xcb-util

Hello,

I have just sent an email  announcing xcb-util split up[0], so here is a
patch for Awesome following the split up. Hope that's ok.

Cheers,
--

-- 
Arnaud Fontaine

[0] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xcb/2011-March/006778.html

Uli Schlachter | 6 Mar 16:10 2011
Picon

Re: Split up of xcb-util


Am 06.03.2011 12:32, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> I have just sent an email  announcing xcb-util split up[0], so here is a
> patch for Awesome following the split up. Hope that's ok.

Hi,

thanks a lot for the patch, that should save us quite some time. :-)

However, I see that xcb-util 0.3.8 isn't released yet. (and there never was a
0.3.7?)

I don't think it makes sense to make everyone build xcb-util from git.
Is there any ETA for a release?

Cheers,
Uli

--

-- 
Q: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?
Arnaud Fontaine | 6 Mar 16:35 2011

Re: Split up of xcb-util

Hi,

    >  thanks a  lot  for the  patch,  that should  save  us quite  some
    > time. :-)

You're welcome.

    > However, I see that  xcb-util 0.3.8 isn't released yet. (and there
    > never was a 0.3.7?) I  don't think it makes sense to make everyone
    > build xcb-util from git.  Is there any ETA for a release?

I have just pushed everything, so I want to wait a week before releasing
in case someone spots anything wrong.  So if everything is fine, it will
be released at the end of next week.

I should have  mentioned in my previous email that,  as you pointed out,
it does  not make much  sense to  commit the patch  I sent before  it is
released...

I also forgot  to mention that util-wm now  implements EWMH, in addition
of ICCCM, so  perhaps Awesome could use  it too? If I have  some time, I
will prepare a patch for that.

Cheers,
Arnaud

MATSUU Takuto | 27 Apr 03:31 2011
Picon

Re: Split up of xcb-util

hi.

xcb-util-0.3.8 was released on Apr 25.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xcb/2011-April/006996.html

thanks,
matsuu

2011/3/7 Arnaud Fontaine <arnaud <at> andesi.org>:
> Hi,
>
>    >  thanks a  lot  for the  patch,  that should  save  us quite  some
>    > time. :-)
>
> You're welcome.
>
>    > However, I see that  xcb-util 0.3.8 isn't released yet. (and there
>    > never was a 0.3.7?) I  don't think it makes sense to make everyone
>    > build xcb-util from git.  Is there any ETA for a release?
>
> I have just pushed everything, so I want to wait a week before releasing
> in case someone spots anything wrong.  So if everything is fine, it will
> be released at the end of next week.
>
> I should have  mentioned in my previous email that,  as you pointed out,
> it does  not make much  sense to  commit the patch  I sent before  it is
> released...
>
> I also forgot  to mention that util-wm now  implements EWMH, in addition
(Continue reading)

Arnaud Fontaine | 27 Apr 03:47 2011

Re: Split up of xcb-util

Hi,

    > hi.  xcb-util-0.3.8 was released on Apr 25.
    > http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xcb/2011-April/006996.html

If you have not already prepared a patch to use xcb-util-wm/ewmh, I will
work on it and will send you a patch soonish.

Cheers,
--
Arnaud Fontaine
Arnaud Fontaine | 27 Apr 08:52 2011

Re: Split up of xcb-util

Hi,

I noticed that  the patch does not apply cleanly  on master, therefore I
have just  updated it and  attached it to  this email. Could  you please
apply it? Thanks.

Also, I  have attached  to this email  a patch  against 3.4 branch  as I
guess  some people  are still  using  this branch  or for  distributions
shipping 3.4...

Cheers,
--
Arnaud Fontaine

Uli Schlachter | 16 May 20:59 2011
Picon

Re: Split up of xcb-util

On 27.04.2011 08:52, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that  the patch does not apply cleanly  on master, therefore I
> have just  updated it and  attached it to  this email. Could  you please
> apply it? Thanks.
>
> Also, I  have attached  to this email  a patch  against 3.4 branch  as I
> guess  some people  are still  using  this branch  or for  distributions
> shipping 3.4...

Thanks, both patches are pushed now. Let's see how long it takes for someone to 
complain. :-)

Cheers,
Uli

--

-- 
"Do you know that books smell like nutmeg or some spice from a foreign land?"
                                                   -- Faber in Fahrenheit 451


Gmane