Reed Rinn | 16 Jan 18:15 2009

Use IMAP for RR email?

Does anyone know if it is possible to configure an email client using IMAP for Roadrunner email?

I can't find anything on the RR site.

Thanks,
RR

------------------------------------

Time Warner Austin: http://www.timewarnercable.com/centraltx
Road Runner Status Page: http://help.rr.com/HMSLogic/network_status.aspx
This Group is neither sanctioned by nor affiliated with Time Warner.
Craig Likes | 16 Jan 18:25 2009
Picon

Re: Use IMAP for RR email?

Looks like RR is only supporting POP.

Not sure of your IMAP requirement.. Apple perhaps?

But in either case you could do something else to proxy it... perhaps GMAIL goes to the popserver and then you
hit gmail via IMAP?

________________________________
From: Reed Rinn <reedrinn <at> grouply.com>
To: "cable <at> yahoogroups.com" <cable <at> yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2009 11:15:06 AM
Subject: [cable] Use IMAP for RR email?

Does anyone know if it is possible to configure an email client using IMAP for Roadrunner email?

I can't find anything on the RR site.

Thanks,
RR

------------------------------------

Time Warner Austin: http://www.timewarnercable.com/centraltx
Road Runner Status Page: http://help.rr.com/HMSLogic/network_status.aspx
This Group is neither sanctioned by nor affiliated with Time Warner.
Rajiv Arora | 16 Jan 18:33 2009
Picon

Re: Use IMAP for RR email?

Yup, you can either have Gmail pull from RR via POP3 and then use IMAP
against Gmail.

Alternately, you can configure RR to forward mail to your Gmail, and
then again use IMAP against Gmail. This works great for me.

Craig Likes wrote:

> Looks like RR is only supporting POP.
>
> Not sure of your IMAP requirement.. Apple perhaps?
>
> But in either case you could do something else to proxy it... perhaps
> GMAIL goes to the popserver and then you hit gmail via IMAP?
>
> ________________________________

(Continue reading)

Heath Perry | 16 Jan 19:37 2009
Picon

Re: Use IMAP for RR email?

just curious.  why would anyone use their RR email account considering they
will lose it if they change internet provider.  why not just use a 3rd party
like gmail or hotmail or yahoo?

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Rajiv Arora <rarora <at> austin.rr.com> wrote:

>   Yup, you can either have Gmail pull from RR via POP3 and then use IMAP
> against Gmail.
>
> Alternately, you can configure RR to forward mail to your Gmail, and
> then again use IMAP against Gmail. This works great for me.
>

> Craig Likes wrote:
> >
> > Looks like RR is only supporting POP.
> >
> > Not sure of your IMAP requirement.. Apple perhaps?
> >
> > But in either case you could do something else to proxy it... perhaps
> > GMAIL goes to the popserver and then you hit gmail via IMAP?
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: Reed Rinn <reedrinn <at> grouply.com <reedrinn%40grouply.com> <mailto:
> reedrinn%40grouply.com <reedrinn%2540grouply.com>>>
> > To: "cable <at> yahoogroups.com <cable%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:
> cable%40yahoogroups.com <cable%2540yahoogroups.com>>"
> > <cable <at> yahoogroups.com <cable%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:
> cable%40yahoogroups.com <cable%2540yahoogroups.com>>>
> > Sent: Friday, January 16, 2009 11:15:06 AM
(Continue reading)

bill.eastman@gmail.com | 16 Jan 21:23 2009
Picon

Re:Re: Use IMAP for RR email?

Or use a redirect, such ap call <at> arrl.net or others

[Message truncated]

Time Warner Austin: http://www.timewarnercable.com/centraltx
Road Runner Status Page: http://help.rr.com/HMSLogic/network_status.aspx
This Group is neither sanctioned by nor affiliated with Time Warner.

Gmane