Sriram Krishnamurthy | 14 Apr 09:21 2011
Picon

Sreemath Hariharapura

Namaste,

You  are  welcome to the *Holy Land of Hariharapura* on the occasion
of “*Prathishta
  and  consecration of Sri  Lakshminarasimha  Yantra  Sthamba*” along with
the *Garuda Yantra* at *SREEMATH HARIHARAPURA*

on *May 6, 2011, Friday*, *6 A.M*

By

His Holiness Jagadguru Shankaracharya Sri Sri Swayamprakasha Sachidananda
Saraswathi Mahaswamiji.

For more details please see http://hariharapura.org/

For temple renovation form
http://hariharapura.org/media/images/pdf_files/punya%20shila%20kanike%20-%20english.pdf

Thanks and Regards,

Sriram
Krunal Makwana | 14 Apr 15:33 2011

Re: Sreemath Hariharapura

Jai Sri Krsna

Namaste

His Holiness Jagadguru Shankaracharya Sri Sri Swayamprakasha Sachidananda
> Saraswathi Mahaswamiji.
>
> For more details please see http://hariharapura.org/
>
> For temple renovation form
>
> http://hariharapura.org/media/images/pdf_files/punya%20shila%20kanike%20-%20english.pdf

Please forgive me for my ignorance but to my orthodox knowledge
Shankaracharya established four peethams. Although I know Kanchi peetham is
regarded as authoritative to some devotees. I have however never heard of
this Shankaracharya or peetham. Can someone please enlighten me.

Although I mean no disrespect I know there are a considerable amount of
"Swami's" who claim to be a Shankaracharya and want to know if there is any
authenticity or conspiracy regarding this particular one.

Guru krupahi kevalam

Krunal
Sriram Krishnamurthy | 14 Apr 17:04 2011
Picon

Re: Sreemath Hariharapura

Namaste,
Sringeri in the South, Puri in the East, Dwaraka in the west.
Joshimath(Badinath) is the list as per Madhaviya Shankara Vijaya for the
Amnaya Peethas. Pandit Nehru and Sir C.P.Ramaswamy Iyer also concur with
this list.

Please find reference for Hariharapura mutt which is given in official
Sringeri website.

"Under Sri Vidyaranya’s direction, the emperors made endowments to Mutts
founded by him or by Sri Bharati Krishna Tirtha in different parts of South
India, some of which rose to importance as branches of the Sringeri Sharada
Peetha or as subordinate monastic establishments. Prince Chikka Raya
(afterwards Virupaksha I) made a grant to Satyatirtha of Muniyur Mutt which
marks the origin of the Sakatapuram or Bandigade Mutt.

*Hariharapura, an agrahara about six miles from Sringeri was founded by
Harihara II, and Sri Ramachandra Saraswathi was the first Acharya of the
Mutt established there.* The Tirthamuttur Mutt (Tirthahalli taluk) and the
Kudali Mutt also came into existence some centuries later under the guidance
and encouragement of the Sringeri Gurus and the emperors. The agraharas of
Sringapura and Vidyaranyapura were laid out by Harihara II"

*Please click the link below for reference*
*http://www.sringeri.net/jagadgurus/sri-vidyaranya/biography*<http://www.sringeri.net/jagadgurus/sri-vidyaranya/biography>

Thanks and Regards,
Sriram
sriram nagaraj | 14 Apr 22:07 2011
Picon

Re: Sreemath Hariharapura

Dear List Members,

My family and I were fortunate enough to meet the Swamigal of Sri Hariharapuram last August during the
Chaturmasya period where Swamigal was observing the vrata in Adyar, Chennai in the Sri
Ananthapadmanabha Swami Temple. Swamigal performed Navavarna Puja every day from about 6-9 PM and gave
phala mantrakshata to the gathered devotees. Sri Lakshmi Nrisimha Swami is reverentially worshiped in
the Matha along with Sri Sharada Parameshwari.

I believe the Sthala Purana of the kshetra says that Sri Hariharapuram is the spot where Daksha Prajapati
performed many Yagnyas and hence, it is beneficial for us to perform any homas/shantis/yagnyas in this
punya kshetra as well.

Regards,

Sriram Nagaraj

--The inner Light illuminates our minds--