matthewrpratter | 27 Aug 04:00 2005

beginner

Though I was fortunate enough to forego the phizical withdrawl
simptoms when I quit smoking I found myself particularly bored pretty
much all the time.  I am a 21 year old male (im at an age where both
boy and man seem awkward) and when I was browsing at a CVS pharmacy
looking longingly at the various non-cigarette forms of tobbacco when
I saw what looked like an old apothecary's jar with a cork.  I asked
to see it and after a very aggressive demand to see my ID I was
allowed to look over the bottle (tumbler?) of Levi Garrett  & Sons
Tobacco Scotch and Rappee Snuff.  I was so impressed to find proper
snuff not only in the united states but for sale at so common a place
as a CVS that I bought it up and brought it home.  My first few tries
were particularly painful and unplesant, but I assured myself that it
was so unplesant that nobody would begin such a habbit.  its been two
weeks, and i'm sniffing more gently and have grown to love the
product.  Can somebody give me an idea of how how fine Levi Garrett
actually is and how it relates to other snuffs?

Greg Lieberman | 27 Aug 04:27 2005

Re: [ Snuff Box The Nasal Snuff Club] beginner

Mathew,

I'm fairly new to the whole snuff world myself but am
starting to explore.  I've tried about 7 so far and
read reviews for at least 20 and can't recal finding
the one you found.  I'd suggest you get a web order
going with some wilsons or something else from
England. Exploring the world of snuffs can be quite an
exiting journey.  So try not to get jaded by the one
you tried.

Happy Snuffing,
Greg

--- matthewrpratter
<matthewrpratter <at> mZ59xJ528cxywUdd_SvCO3O14c3KR5M4xZ1bGvVoq357K5SR6H0UIwlVP2Rst5YvT-xMZbooZ_fm-hHUD1ibhyg.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Though I was fortunate enough to forego the phizical
> withdrawl
> simptoms when I quit smoking I found myself
> particularly bored pretty
> much all the time.  I am a 21 year old male (im at
> an age where both
> boy and man seem awkward) and when I was browsing at
> a CVS pharmacy
> looking longingly at the various non-cigarette forms
> of tobbacco when
> I saw what looked like an old apothecary's jar with
> a cork.  I asked
> to see it and after a very aggressive demand to see
(Continue reading)

Dan | 27 Aug 05:13 2005

Re: beginner

Levi Garrett has been around forever (well, a really long time
anyway).  It is a great basic snuff.  I would encourage you to look at
the offering from marscigars.com.  The Wilson snuffs would be a good
next step.  Try one of the flavored ones liks strawberry, one of the
mentholated one like raspberry, and one of the SP like Tom Buck.  The
next step would be to try McChrystals or Fribourg & Treyer.

Lot's of different snuffs out there.  Have fun and try them all.

Dan

--- In snuffboxthenasalsnuffclub <at> yahoogroups.com, "matthewrpratter"
<matthewrpratter <at> y...> wrote:
> Though I was fortunate enough to forego the phizical withdrawl
> simptoms when I quit smoking I found myself particularly bored pretty
> much all the time.  I am a 21 year old male (im at an age where both
> boy and man seem awkward) and when I was browsing at a CVS pharmacy
> looking longingly at the various non-cigarette forms of tobbacco when
> I saw what looked like an old apothecary's jar with a cork.  I asked
> to see it and after a very aggressive demand to see my ID I was
> allowed to look over the bottle (tumbler?) of Levi Garrett  & Sons
> Tobacco Scotch and Rappee Snuff.  I was so impressed to find proper
> snuff not only in the united states but for sale at so common a place
> as a CVS that I bought it up and brought it home.  My first few tries
> were particularly painful and unplesant, but I assured myself that it
> was so unplesant that nobody would begin such a habbit.  its been two
> weeks, and i'm sniffing more gently and have grown to love the
> product.  Can somebody give me an idea of how how fine Levi Garrett
> actually is and how it relates to other snuffs?

(Continue reading)

matthewrpratter | 27 Aug 19:38 2005

Re: beginner

--- In snuffboxthenasalsnuffclub <at> yahoogroups.com, "Dan"
<danmosley2000 <at> y...> wrote:
> I would encourage you to look at
> the offering from marscigars.com.  The Wilson snuffs would be a good
> next step.  Try one of the flavored ones liks strawberry, one of the
> mentholated one like raspberry, and one of the SP like Tom Buck.

I will take that step.  I was very hesitant becuase of how very bad
the flavored cigar I tried once was.  Do you know how it is flavored?
Is it essential oils like coffee, or industreal flavorings like cheap
cigars?

Nick D | 27 Aug 17:19 2005

Re: beginner

WE Garretts is fine, I mean really fine, I have a jar on my desk at
the moment, strong, verry, you only need a fine dustign on your
finger to get a noticeable lift and it is sweet too, unlike the
British varieties that focus more on the traditional tobacco flavour,
herb, flower and fruit (not to mention menthol, billy!) and less on
sweetenss.

Seriously, if you ever get a job with the FBi you could use WE
Garretts as fingerprint powder.

The Wilsons of Sharrow ones are courser and easyer to sniff which
possibly (but not necessarily) accounts for their popularity.

I am pretty sure that the sweet US snuffs were designed for moderate
oral usage, but we here find that they are better taken nasally in
moderation.

Nicky Tn :<)

On Garretts Sweet and Mild and feeling GOOD

<matthewrpratter <at> y...> wrote:
> Though I was fortunate enough to forego the phizical withdrawl
> simptoms when I quit smoking I found myself particularly bored
pretty
> much all the time.  I am a 21 year old male (im at an age where both
> boy and man seem awkward) and when I was browsing at a CVS pharmacy
> looking longingly at the various non-cigarette forms of tobbacco
when
(Continue reading)

matthewrpratter | 27 Aug 19:41 2005

oral?

--- In snuffboxthenasalsnuffclub <at> yahoogroups.com, "Nick D"
<director <at> b...> wrote:

> I am pretty sure that the sweet US snuffs were designed for moderate
> oral usage, but we here find that they are better taken nasally in
> moderation.

Are the other snuffs I will be trying cut much more coarse? my only
experiance being with Levi Garrett which would just turn to paste if
it was put in the mouth.

Nick D | 27 Aug 20:46 2005

Re: oral?

Levi garretts seems to be a touch courser than WE Garretts Sweet and
mild, the others you will try appart from the Irish D varieteis and
(in the US) Scotch varieteis, will be courser.

The ultrafine grind seems to be to help with ultra rapid nicotine
absorption through the mucosa of the mouth/gum.

The English varieties provide the same lift, but you may find that
the snuff gives a better effect if you take a good pinch once every
ten minutes for about 30 - 40 minutes and experience the gradual
acceleration of the mental faculties.

Nicky Tn :<)

The effect of English snuff taken in this way is to have a very clear
mind with a gentle happy contented smile on the face, relaxation to
the sholders and generally happyer and more intelligent in
conversation than you have ever been.