BH | 1 May 16:28 2011
Picon

Compile error in branch

I haven't tried compiling branch in a while, but trying today leads to
a compile error (using Qt-4.4):

In file included from SignalSlotPrivate.cpp:15:
SignalSlotPrivate_moc.cpp:14:2: error: #error "This file was generated
using the moc from 4.7.1. It"
SignalSlotPrivate_moc.cpp:15:2: error: #error "cannot be used with the
include files from this version of Qt."
SignalSlotPrivate_moc.cpp:16:2: error: #error "(The moc has changed too much.)"
In file included from SignalSlotPrivate.cpp:15:
SignalSlotPrivate_moc.cpp: In member function ‘virtual const
QMetaObject* lyx::SignalImpl::metaObject() const’:
SignalSlotPrivate_moc.cpp:54: error: ‘class QObjectData’ has no member
named ‘metaObject’
SignalSlotPrivate_moc.cpp:54: error: ‘class QObjectData’ has no member
named ‘metaObject’
SignalSlotPrivate_moc.cpp: In member function ‘virtual const
QMetaObject* lyx::SlotImpl::metaObject() const’:
SignalSlotPrivate_moc.cpp:119: error: ‘class QObjectData’ has no
member named ‘metaObject’
SignalSlotPrivate_moc.cpp:119: error: ‘class QObjectData’ has no
member named ‘metaObject’
make[5]: *** [SignalSlotPrivate.lo] Error 1

BH

Jürgen Spitzmüller | 1 May 16:32 2011

Re: Compile error in branch

BH wrote:
> I haven't tried compiling branch in a while, but trying today leads to
> a compile error (using Qt-4.4):

Did you try with a make distclean'ed tree?

Jürgen

Vincent van Ravesteijn | 1 May 16:33 2011

Re: Compile error in branch

On 1-5-2011 16:28, BH wrote:
> I haven't tried compiling branch in a while, but trying today leads to
> a compile error (using Qt-4.4):

This is the error:

"This file was generated using the moc from 4.7.1. It
cannot be used with the include files from this version of Qt.
(The moc has changed too much.)"

When LyX is compiled Qt will create files like:

src/frontends/qt4/GuiAbout_moc.cpp.

Apparently you previously compiled with version Qt 4.7.1 and the moc
files are still there. Please remove them, so that they get regenerated
with Qt 4.4. again.

Vincent

BH | 2 May 05:45 2011
Picon

Re: Compile error in branch

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Vincent van Ravesteijn <vfr <at> lyx.org> wrote:
> On 1-5-2011 16:28, BH wrote:
>> I haven't tried compiling branch in a while, but trying today leads to
>> a compile error (using Qt-4.4):
>

> This is the error:
>
> "This file was generated using the moc from 4.7.1. It
> cannot be used with the include files from this version of Qt.
> (The moc has changed too much.)"
>

> When LyX is compiled Qt will create files like:
>
> src/frontends/qt4/GuiAbout_moc.cpp.
>
> Apparently you previously compiled with version Qt 4.7.1 and the moc
> files are still there. Please remove them, so that they get regenerated
> with Qt 4.4. again.

That's where I'm confused: I couldn't have done that -- at least not
successfully -- since my installation of Qt-4.7 is not one I could
ever get LyX-1.6 to recognize, so I had long ago given up on using it
and have compiled LyX-1.6 many times since then.

At any rate, I now have it working. Sorry for the noise.

BH