Andrew Morrison | 1 Dec 09:33 2005
Picon

All caps "LIST OF FIGURES" and list of appendices in TOC?

Three questions:

1.  How do I make "List of Figures" appear as "LIST OF FIGURES"?

2.  Is it possible to have a "list of appendices" that works exactly like
the list of figures/list of tables? (Sorry for re-asking this question. I'm
guessing the answer is no.)

3.  Do all universities have INSANE formatting guidelines (see above) which
cannot be deviated from?

Thanks!

Andrew Morrison
Jose' Matos | 1 Dec 20:03 2005
Picon

Re: All caps "LIST OF FIGURES" and list of appendices in TOC?

On Thursday 01 December 2005 08:33, Andrew Morrison wrote:
> Three questions:
>
> 1.  How do I make "List of Figures" appear as "LIST OF FIGURES"?
>
> 2.  Is it possible to have a "list of appendices" that works exactly like
> the list of figures/list of tables? (Sorry for re-asking this question. I'm
> guessing the answer is no.)

  Check in the lyx site the link to Tips and Tricks, I remember to have seen
there the answer for the 2 previous questions. :-)

> 3.  Do all universities have INSANE formatting guidelines (see above) which
> cannot be deviated from?

  Even worse sometimes, I have seen really worse, so believe me, you are
lucky. ;-)

> Thanks!
>
> Andrew Morrison

José Abílio

Uwe Stöhr | 1 Dec 20:29 2005

Andrew Morrison wrote:

> 1.  How do I make "List of Figures" appear as "LIST OF FIGURES"?

Assuming your document language is "English" then add the following
lines to your document preamble:

\usepackage[english]{babel}
\addto\captionsenglish{\renewcommand{\listfigurename}{LIST OF FIGURES}

For more infos see

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=fixnam

regards uwe

Andrew Morrison | 1 Dec 21:42 2005

On 12/1/05, Uwe Stöhr <uwestoehr@...> wrote:

> Andrew Morrison wrote:
>
> > 1.  How do I make "List of Figures" appear as "LIST OF FIGURES"?
>
> Assuming your document language is "English" then add the following
> lines to your document preamble:
>
> \usepackage[english]{babel}
> \addto\captionsenglish{\renewcommand{\listfigurename}{LIST OF FIGURES}
>
> For more infos see
>
> http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=fixnam

Thank you, thank you, thankyouthankyou!!!!!

I googled around various incantations of "renewcommand list figures"  and
that page never turned up in my search!!

That's one less thing I have to fix now...back to the other anomalies.

Andrew

Gmane