Jose Quesada | 1 Apr 16:27 2010
Picon

springer LNCS: \proof is already defined

Hi,

I need to prepare a paper using this style:
http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0

I downloaded the latex files, placed them in the right place, and
reconfigured lyx. The layout springer LNCS shows as available.
Now, if I open an empty file, assign this style, and try to compile I get
latex: \proof is already defined

Any idea why?
Does anyone have a paper in the style I can copy-paste into to avoid problems?
Thanks!
(Lyx 164, ubuntu 9.10)

Best,
-Jose

Jose Quesada, PhD.
Max Planck Institute,
Center for Adaptive Behavior and Cognition,
Berlin
http://www.josequesada.name/
http://twitter.com/Quesada

Jose Quesada | 1 Apr 16:48 2010
Picon

Re: springer LNCS: \proof is already defined

Just to be more concrete, here's the log attached and the error part:

 (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/amscls/amsthm.sty
Package: amsthm 2004/08/06 v2.20
\thm <at> style=\toks20
\thm <at> bodyfont=\toks21
\thm <at> headfont=\toks22
\thm <at> notefont=\toks23
\thm <at> headpunct=\toks24
\thm <at> preskip=\skip45
\thm <at> postskip=\skip46
\thm <at> headsep=\skip47
\dth <at> everypar=\toks25
LaTeX Info: Redefining \qed on input line 283.

! LaTeX Error: Command \proof already defined.
               Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.444 }

Your command was ignored.
Type  I <command> <return>  to replace it with another command,
or  <return>  to continue without it.

) (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/hyperref/hyperref.sty
Package: hyperref 2007/02/07 v6.75r Hypertext links for LaTeX

RE: springer LNCS: \proof is already defined

>Just to be more concrete, here's the log attached and the error part:
>
> (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/amscls/amsthm.sty
>Package: amsthm 2004/08/06 v2.20

Did you load the Theorem(AMS) module. If so, please unload it.

Vincent

Jose Quesada | 1 Apr 17:05 2010
Picon

Re: springer LNCS: \proof is already defined

that fixes it, thanks!
Best,
-Jose

Jose Quesada, PhD.
Max Planck Institute,
Center for Adaptive Behavior and Cognition,
Berlin
http://www.josequesada.name/
http://twitter.com/Quesada

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW
<V.F.vanRavesteijn@...> wrote:
>>Just to be more concrete, here's the log attached and the error part:
>>
>> (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/amscls/amsthm.sty
>>Package: amsthm 2004/08/06 v2.20
>

> Did you load the Theorem(AMS) module. If so, please unload it.
>
> Vincent

Gmane