iustifico | 26 May 19:06 2010
Picon

Lightning-Symbol in Contradiction-Proofs

How do I manage to put a "lightning" in the end of my proofs-of-contradiction?
If I use \lightning the symbol doesn't show up entirely. Only a small "apostroph" appears. And in the
exported PDF it's the same.

Regards,
iustifico
Paul Rubin | 26 May 19:31 2010
Picon

Re: Lightning-Symbol in Contradiction-Proofs

iustifico <iustifico <at> gmail.com> writes:

> 
> How do I manage to put a "lightning" in the end of my proofs-of-contradiction?
> If I use \lightning the symbol doesn't show up entirely. Only a small
"apostroph" appears. And in the
> exported PDF it's the same.
> 

Which package are you loading to define \lightning?  Best thing might be to post
a minimal sample document that shows the problem.

/Paul

iustifico | 26 May 20:31 2010
Picon

Re: Lightning-Symbol in Contradiction-Proofs

Here is a minimal sample document with the appropriate pdf.
Regards,
iustifico
Attachment (minimalexamplelightning.lyx): application/octet-stream, 1004 bytes

Am 26.05.2010 um 19:31 schrieb Paul Rubin:

> iustifico <iustifico <at> gmail.com> writes:
> 
>> 
>> How do I manage to put a "lightning" in the end of my proofs-of-contradiction?
>> If I use \lightning the symbol doesn't show up entirely. Only a small
> "apostroph" appears. And in the
>> exported PDF it's the same.
>> 
> 
> Which package are you loading to define \lightning?  Best thing might be to post
> a minimal sample document that shows the problem.
> 
> /Paul
> 
> 

Paul A. Rubin | 26 May 21:12 2010
Picon

Re: Lightning-Symbol in Contradiction-Proofs

On 05/26/2010 02:31 PM, iustifico wrote:
> Here is a minimal sample document with the appropriate pdf.
> Regards,
> iustifico
>    
>
You need to load, in the preamble, a package that defines the symbol.  
\usepackage{stmaryrd} works for me; \usepackage{MnSymbol} should also 
work (I couldn't test it because I don't have that package installed).  
You can also use \usepackage{wasysym} and put \lightning in ERT rather 
than in a math inset.

I can see where this would be a bit confusing, since in a math inset LyX 
recognizes the macro and displays the correct screen glyph.  If you put 
\lightning in ERT and do not load a valid package, LaTeX complains about 
an undefined macro, but in a math inset it apparently recognizes the 
macro  but maps it to the wrong glyph.

/Paul

iustifico | 27 May 00:23 2010
Picon

Re: Lightning-Symbol in Contradiction-Proofs

It worked, thank you very much!
Regards,
iustifico

Am 26.05.2010 um 21:12 schrieb Paul A. Rubin:

> On 05/26/2010 02:31 PM, iustifico wrote:
>> Here is a minimal sample document with the appropriate pdf.
>> Regards,
>> iustifico
>>   
> You need to load, in the preamble, a package that defines the symbol.  \usepackage{stmaryrd} works for me;
\usepackage{MnSymbol} should also work (I couldn't test it because I don't have that package
installed).  You can also use \usepackage{wasysym} and put \lightning in ERT rather than in a math inset.
> 
> I can see where this would be a bit confusing, since in a math inset LyX recognizes the macro and displays the
correct screen glyph.  If you put \lightning in ERT and do not load a valid package, LaTeX complains about an
undefined macro, but in a math inset it apparently recognizes the macro  but maps it to the wrong glyph.
> 
> /Paul


Gmane