Karl Richter-Trummer | 21 Nov 12:47 2013
Picon

Changing the dictum style in koma-script.

Dear Lyxers

I am playing around with the dictum style for my thesis. I am using the
koma-script-book class, it gives me automatically a very basic quotation
right after the headline:

this is a quote (author)

I read in the coma script guide, in section 3.17 the dictum is described
as having a line between the quote and the author, it says this can be
defined by

\newcommand*{\dictumrule}{\vskip-1ex\hrulefill\par}

When i insert this in my document it gives me the error of "command
\dictumrule already defined"

I am not very familiar with latex and its integration, so maybe i am
doing so kids-error?

Yours

Karl

Jürgen Spitzmüller | 21 Nov 17:17 2013

Re: Changing the dictum style in koma-script.

Karl Richter-Trummer wrote:
> \newcommand*{\dictumrule}{\vskip-1ex\hrulefill\par}
>
> When i insert this in my document it gives me the error of "command
> \dictumrule already defined"

Use \renewcommand instead of \newcommand.

Regards,
Jürgen

Karl Richter-Trummer | 21 Nov 19:28 2013
Picon

Jürgen Spitzmüller <spitz <at> lyx.org> writes:

> Karl Richter-Trummer wrote:
> > \newcommand*{\dictumrule}{\vskip-1ex\hrulefill\par}
> >
> > When i insert this in my document it gives me the error of "command
> > \dictumrule already defined"
>
> Use \renewcommand instead of \newcommand.
>
> Regards,
> Jürgen

Thank you! It works now, not trowing the error, but it will not show a
horizontal line neither :(

Yours

Karl

Jürgen Spitzmüller | 22 Nov 09:01 2013

Karl Richter-Trummer wrote:
> Thank you! It works now, not trowing the error, but it will not show a
> horizontal line neither :(

Actually, the line is there by default, but you need to use the style
properly. The author is to be inserted into a "Short Title" inset (Insert >
Short Title), LyX's equivalent of a LaTeX optional argument.

See the attached example.

Regards,
Jürgen
Attachment (dictum.lyx): application/x-lyx, 1380 bytes

Gmane