McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] | 16 Apr 22:57 2012

_Non-U.S._ Digital Textbook Initiatives

*** Spoiler Alert > Possible Duplicate Posting ***

I am greatly interested in learning about _non-U.S._ Digital Textbook initiatives for inclusion in my Digital Textbook blog [ ] and/or working bibliography.

To date I've identified only several projects outside of the United States, that include:

_Digital School Program with Open Textbooks Approved by Polish Government!_

_In South Korean Classrooms, Digital Textbook Revolution Meets Some Resistance_

_E-books Venture to Target UK Students_

I am interested in any / all non-U.S. Digital Textbook projects at the institutional, local, state, regional, and/or national level(s).

BTW-1: I will be giving two (2) lectures and a workshop for the DILL (Digital Library Learning) program in Parma, Italy ( during the week of September 17 2012.

BTW-2: I am more than willing to give presentations / workshops in other European venues after September 19 but no later than September 28 2012, if there is adequate interest and support.

Please contact me ( gerrymck-KgB/ ) if you and/or your institutional have an interest

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University