Csanyi Pal | 7 Jul 14:24 2009
Picon

Supporting Objective-C?

Hi,

why don't support CEDET the Objective-C Programming Language?

--
Regards, Paul Chany

details at: http://p.sf.net/sfu/blackberry
Marco Bardelli | 7 Jul 20:21 2009
Picon

Re: Supporting Objective-C?

Csanyi Pal <csanyipal <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Hi,
>
> why don't support CEDET the Objective-C Programming Language?
>
> --
> Regards, Paul Chany

Hi, i'm very interested to support Objective-C in semantic.
I tried to write a wisent-objc.wy, based on wisent-c.wy,
but my poor knowledge of wisent and semantic have me stopped (for now).
I followed the grammar definition of "Objective-C Language", that refer
to grammar definition of "C Language"; Objective-C is a clean superset
of C, and i think is possible start from wisent-c.wy

I never posted the file, because is really at begin, i written the
grammar but not the semantic instruction, which it don't works.

;;; wisent-objc.wy -- LALR grammar that produces Semantic tags for Objective-C

;; Copyright (C) 2009 Marco Bardelli

;; Author: Marco Bardelli <bardelli.marco <at> gmail.com>

;; Based on wisent-c.wy

%{
  (require 'semantic-ast)
(Continue reading)

Eric M. Ludlam | 8 Jul 00:38 2009

Re: Supporting Objective-C?

Hi,

  The wisent-c.wy grammar can be used in place of the one currently
used.  All you need to do is disable the other one, and install the
setup for wisent-c instead.

  I've always wanted to go back and get it working with C++ too.  That'd
be nice.

  Anyway, to make it work, you need to adapt the wisent-c.el to
objective c.  For all I know, it may be the same except for the name,
and #import.

  Once you do that, associate wisent-objc-default-setup with objective C
mode hook, and things will start running.

Good Luck
Eric