Thorsten | 24 Feb 20:00 2012

Re: No ESS autoloads?

Dimitri Fontaine <dim@...> writes:

Hi,
sorry for my late reply

> Thorsten <quintfall@...> writes:
>> I try to mix the emcas24-starter-kit with el-get, i.e. I use el-get for
>> all the packages I can't get from elpa instead of simply putting the .el
>> files into the starter-kit src folder like recommended.
>
> Nice use caseĀ :)

Since el-get sits kind of on top of elpa, and the emacs24-starter-kit
uses elpa for package management, my original idea was to do everthing
(possible) in el-get and use elpa or downloading sources to the /src
directory of the starter-kit only if necesary.

>> But some el-get recipes did not work for me (magit [on elpa too] and
>> emacs-goodies-el), others produce no working autoloads (e.g. ESS) so I
>> have to require the packages.
>>
>> Am I the only one having this problems?
>
> I'm surprised because I use both those recipes without problem. Care to
> expand on how you use them, what you expect to happen and what happens
> instead?

Then I installed ess, magit and emacs-goodies-el with el-get, but the
autoloads didn't work. The files were downloaded like some other
libraries, but there was either no mentioning at all or only
(Continue reading)

Dimitri Fontaine | 8 Mar 17:33 2012

Re: No ESS autoloads?

Thorsten <quintfall@...> writes:
> Then I installed ess, magit and emacs-goodies-el with el-get, but the
> autoloads didn't work. The files were downloaded like some other
> libraries

Please report an issue on the github project page, where you will get a
much quicker and better answering.  Also, can you include the output of
M-x el-get-version?

dim