Lukas Loehrer | 23 Aug 22:49 2009

Re: Emacspeak Servers On Jaunty: Calling for contrib makefiles

Hi Raman,

here is a patch for the mentioned makefile (outloud,tcl83). It builds
atcleci.so successfully on jaunty. I have not fixed the OSS version or tcl8.4
yet; I will do that if this fix works for others too. Apart from the
changes I mentioned before, it seems to be necessary to supply the
-rpath parameter to libtool to actually make it build the shared
library. I chose the path of "/usr/local/lib" arbitrarily, it does not
seem to matter what is passed here.

Best regards, Lukas

Attachment (jaunty-libtool.diff): application/octet-stream, 1446 bytes

T.V. Raman writes ("Emacspeak Servers On Jaunty: Calling for contrib makefiles"):
> --
> Best Regards,
> --raman
>

> Email:  raman <at> users.sf.net
> WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
> AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv <at> gmail.com
> PGP:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/raman-almaden.asc
> Google: tv+raman
> IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs
> I'm running hardy on most machines, but I see that neither the
> linux-outloud or linux-espeak makefiles compile on Jaunty -- this
(Continue reading)

T.V. Raman | 24 Aug 17:32 2009
Picon

Emacspeak Servers On Jaunty: Calling for contrib makefiles

Hi Lukas,

I've applied your jaunty patch, and confirmed that it builds on hardy,
will test jaunty later tonight.

I've also started obsoleting tcleci.so --- and started the process fo
rmoving things to tcl8.4

The linux-outloud directory now only contains two makefiles Makefile
(the to be final makefile with tcl84) and makefile.tcl83 -- which is
the one that works.

The remaining problem to cutting to tcl8.4 is that langspec.cpp
produces warnings under tcl8.3 but errors under tcl8.4

I've removed the --pedantic from CFLAGS to get atcleci.cpp to compile
with warnings; however langspec.cpp still bombs.

Would appreciate it if you could look for   a workaround.

It would be nice to finally move everything to tcl8.4 from a
maintenance point of view.

Thanks for the help and patches,
--Raman

Re: Emacspeak Servers On Jaunty: Calling for contrib makefiles

Hi Raman,

here is a patch that fixes the compile error with tcl8.4. I was able
to reenable "-pedantic". It also fixes all the compile warnings with
tcl8.4. There are still some warnings with tcl8.3. On jaunty, I tested
both versions, on hardy only tcl8.3.

Best regards, Lukas

Attachment (outloud-tcl84.diff): application/octet-stream, 6682 bytes

T.V. Raman writes ("Emacspeak Servers On Jaunty: Calling for contrib makefiles"):
> Hi Lukas,
>
> I've applied your jaunty patch, and confirmed that it builds on hardy,
> will test jaunty later tonight.
>
> I've also started obsoleting tcleci.so --- and started the process fo
> rmoving things to tcl8.4
>
> The linux-outloud directory now only contains two makefiles Makefile
> (the to be final makefile with tcl84) and makefile.tcl83 -- which is
> the one that works.
>
> The remaining problem to cutting to tcl8.4 is that langspec.cpp
> produces warnings under tcl8.3 but errors under tcl8.4
>
> I've removed the --pedantic from CFLAGS to get atcleci.cpp to compile
(Continue reading)

T.V. Raman | 25 Aug 22:31 2009
Picon

Emacspeak Servers On Jaunty: Calling for contrib makefiles

patches are in, I also similarly updated linux-espeak/Makefile.

I've now obsoleted tcl8.3 support --- and cut all servers to TCL
8.4

In the next week or so, I may also attempt to simplify libtool
out of the Makefiles.
--
Best Regards,
--raman

Title:  Research Scientist
Email:  raman <at> google.com
WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
Google: tv+raman
GTalk:  raman <at> google.com, tv.raman.tv <at> gmail.com

Best Regards,
--raman

Title:  Research Scientist
Email:  raman <at> google.com