ZelluX | 30 Apr 12:43 2010
Picon

Use specified color theme for syntax highlighting

Hi, all

I'm using <src> tag for syntax highlighting, it works well except for the color theme. Since my Emacs uses a dark background theme, while my muse blog uses a light background theme, code snippet in generated HTML is somewhat hard to recognize since the background and font color are all in light colors. So I'd like to know is there any way to specify color theme for syntax highlighting in muse <src> tags?

Many thanks.

--
Best regards,
Wang Yuanxuan

Re: Use specified color theme for syntax highlighting

ZelluX <zellux <at> gmail.com> was heard to say:

> I'm using <src> tag for syntax highlighting, it works well except for the
> color theme. Since my Emacs uses a dark background theme, while my muse blog
> uses a light background theme, code snippet in generated HTML is somewhat
> hard to recognize since the background and font color are all in light
> colors. So I'd like to know is there any way to specify color theme for
> syntax highlighting in muse <src> tags?

Why don't you just use CSS for the HTML output? You can make the
foreground color as dark as you need.

regards,
Markus

Markus Hoenicka
http://www.mhoenicka.de
AQ score 38

ZelluX | 30 Apr 15:20 2010
Picon

Re: Use specified color theme for syntax highlighting

Hi Markus

My current muse configuration uses hard-coded colors, like <span style="color: #9290ff;">int</span>.
Could you please tell me how to change it to use CSS style instead? Thanks.

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Markus Hoenicka <markus.hoenicka <at> mhoenicka.de> wrote:
ZelluX <zellux <at> gmail.com> was heard to say:

> I'm using <src> tag for syntax highlighting, it works well except for the
> color theme. Since my Emacs uses a dark background theme, while my muse blog
> uses a light background theme, code snippet in generated HTML is somewhat
> hard to recognize since the background and font color are all in light
> colors. So I'd like to know is there any way to specify color theme for
> syntax highlighting in muse <src> tags?

Why don't you just use CSS for the HTML output? You can make the
foreground color as dark as you need.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka
http://www.mhoenicka.de
AQ score 38

Best regards,
Wang Yuanxuan
Parallel Processing Institute, Fudan University
&gt; I'm using &lt;src&gt; tag for syntax highlighting, it works well except for the<br>
&gt; color theme. Since my Emacs uses a dark background theme, while my muse blog<br>
&gt; uses a light background theme, code snippet in generated HTML is somewhat<br>
&gt; hard to recognize since the background and font color are all in light<br>
&gt; colors. So I'd like to know is there any way to specify color theme for<br>
&gt; syntax highlighting in muse &lt;src&gt; tags?<br><br>
foreground color as dark as you need.<br><br>
regards,<br>
--<br>
Markus Hoenicka | 30 Apr 15:44 2010
Picon

Re: Use specified color theme for syntax highlighting

ZelluX <zellux <at> gmail.com> was heard to say:

> My current muse configuration uses hard-coded colors, like <span
> style="color:
> #9290ff;">int</span>.
> Could you please tell me how to change it to use CSS style instead? Thanks.

Ah, waitaminute. We're looking at two different things now. I use CSS
for my planner output (planner-mode is built on top of muse). For that
I have the following in my .emacs:

(setq planner-html-style-sheet "<link href=\"planner-muse.css\"
type=\"text/css\" rel=\"stylesheet\">")

I reckon that muse-html-style-sheet does the same for plain muse.
Obviously you'll need a suitable CSS file in your target HTML directory.

hth,
Markus

Markus Hoenicka
http://www.mhoenicka.de
AQ score 38

Alex Ott | 30 Apr 15:54 2010
Picon

Re: Use specified color theme for syntax highlighting

Re

ZelluX  at "Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:20:01 +0800" wrote:
 Z> Hi Markus

 Z> My current muse configuration uses hard-coded colors, likeĀ <span style="color: #9290ff;">int</span>.
 Z> Could you please tell me how to change it to use CSS style instead? Thanks.

Look to the variable htmlize-output-type - it allows to specify inline CSS
or use external CSS - so you can define needed colors in your CSS file, and
include it into header of generated HTML

With best wishes, Alex Ott, MBA
http://alexott.blogspot.com/           http://alexott.net
http://alexott-ru.blogspot.com/