Nicolas Girard | 29 Apr 09:56 2010
Picon

Non-breaking space

Hi,

How can I typeset, for instance, 100 €, in such a way that, once
exported in LaTeX, it gives: 100~€ (with a non-breaking space) ?

Thanks in advance !
Nicolas

Rémi Vanicat | 29 Apr 10:19 2010
Picon

Re: Non-breaking space

Nicolas Girard <nicolas.girard <at> nerim.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> How can I typeset, for instance, 100 €, in such a way that, once
> exported in LaTeX, it gives: 100~€ (with a non-breaking space) ?

You can use the utf-8 non breaking space (on my keyboard it's
compose space space or alt-gr shift space or C-x 8 space)

Rémi Vanicat

Sébastien Vauban | 29 Apr 12:11 2010

Re: Non-breaking space

Hi Nicolas and Rémi,

Rémi Vanicat wrote:
> Nicolas Girard <nicolas.girard@...> writes:
>> How can I typeset, for instance, 100 €, in such a way that, once
>> exported in LaTeX, it gives: 100~€ (with a non-breaking space) ?
>
> You can use the utf-8 non breaking space (on my keyboard it's
> compose space space or alt-gr shift space or C-x 8 space)

Or the Non-Breaking SPaces automatically added. See
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/15116 and the code
`my-insert-colon'.

Best regards,
  Seb

Sébastien Vauban

Chris Gray | 30 Apr 12:46 2010
Picon

Re: Non-breaking space

Sébastien Vauban wrote:

> Hi Nicolas and Rémi,

> Rémi Vanicat wrote:
>> Nicolas Girard <nicolas.girard <at> nerim.net> writes:
>>> How can I typeset, for instance, 100 €, in such a way that, once
>>> exported in LaTeX, it gives: 100~€ (with a non-breaking space) ?

>> You can use the utf-8 non breaking space (on my keyboard it's
>> compose space space or alt-gr shift space or C-x 8 space)

> Or the Non-Breaking SPaces automatically added. See
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/15116 and the code
> `my-insert-colon'.

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but you can also simply use
\nbsp.

Cheers,
Chris