Nicolas Girard | 29 Apr 09:56 2010
Picon

Non-breaking space

Hi,

How can I typeset, for instance, 100 €, in such a way that, once
exported in LaTeX, it gives: 100~€ (with a non-breaking space) ?

Thanks in advance !
Nicolas

Rémi Vanicat | 29 Apr 10:19 2010
Picon

Re: Non-breaking space

Nicolas Girard <nicolas.girard <at> nerim.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> How can I typeset, for instance, 100 €, in such a way that, once
> exported in LaTeX, it gives: 100~€ (with a non-breaking space) ?

You can use the utf-8 non breaking space (on my keyboard it's
compose space space or alt-gr shift space or C-x 8 space)

Rémi Vanicat

Sébastien Vauban | 29 Apr 12:11 2010

Re: Non-breaking space

Hi Nicolas and Rémi,

Rémi Vanicat wrote:
> Nicolas Girard <nicolas.girard@...> writes:
>> How can I typeset, for instance, 100 €, in such a way that, once
>> exported in LaTeX, it gives: 100~€ (with a non-breaking space) ?
>
> You can use the utf-8 non breaking space (on my keyboard it's
> compose space space or alt-gr shift space or C-x 8 space)

Or the Non-Breaking SPaces automatically added. See
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/15116 and the code
`my-insert-colon'.

Best regards,
  Seb

Sébastien Vauban

Chris Gray | 30 Apr 12:46 2010
Picon

Re: Non-breaking space

Sébastien Vauban wrote:

> Hi Nicolas and Rémi,

> Rémi Vanicat wrote:
>> Nicolas Girard <nicolas.girard <at> nerim.net> writes:
>>> How can I typeset, for instance, 100 €, in such a way that, once
>>> exported in LaTeX, it gives: 100~€ (with a non-breaking space) ?

>> You can use the utf-8 non breaking space (on my keyboard it's
>> compose space space or alt-gr shift space or C-x 8 space)

> Or the Non-Breaking SPaces automatically added. See
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/15116 and the code
> `my-insert-colon'.

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but you can also simply use
\nbsp.

Cheers,
Chris

Erwan | 12 Sep 10:18 2014

Re: Non-breaking space

My 2 cents:

\newcommand{\sectionref}[1]{Section~\ref{#1}}

and then write

   \sectionref{bla}

instead of

  Section~\ref{bla}

and ditto for figure, etc.

Marcin Borkowski | 12 Sep 13:04 2014
Picon

Re: Non-breaking space

Dnia 2014-09-12, o godz. 08:18:39
Erwan <jahier <at> imag.fr> napisał(a):

> My 2 cents:
>
> \newcommand{\sectionref}[1]{Section~\ref{#1}}
>
> and then write
>
>    \sectionref{bla}
>
> instead of
>
>   Section~\ref{bla}
>
> and ditto for figure, etc.

My 2 cents:

or just use the cleveref package instead of reinventing the wheel;-),
write

\cref{bla} or \Cref{bla}

and let LaTeX remember whether {bla} is a~section, subsection,
equation, theorem or whatever.

Best,