tycho garen | 23 Jul 20:17 2011

Org Mobile Writing App (a la Epistle/Paragraft)

I must confess that I've fallen onto the Tablet bandwagon, and despite
the alure of having a more functional mobile-org,I went for an android
tablet (to match the phone, and because I'm not a mac user.) Largely I
think it's great, and while I've got a mobile-org setup that I like
well enough, I found myself saying "wouldn't it rock, if..." a few
times and I just wanted to float the idea with you.

While I think mobile-org is a great concept for making all of the task
planning and organization features of org more accessible on the go,
it's not quite so good for taking notes and doing the kind of writing
that I spend most of my waking hours doing these days.

I've been using a really delightful little app called
[Epistle](http://kooklab.com/epistle.html) which renders markdown text
(a fetish of mine that predates org-mode,) that works with dropbox. I
think I learned about this from someone on the list. I suspect it's a
lot like Paragraft for those of you on the otherside.

I've created a little script that links all of my org-files into a
place where Epistle can see them in dropbox
(http://tychoish.com/code/epistle-linker/), and while the rendering
doesn't work, it is nice to be able to read and edit these files. I've
also, as an aside created some procmail and shell glue that takes
emails and inserts them into an org-file so that I can capture stuff
on the go using the email program. That's here:

http://tychoish.com/code/org-mail/

Wouldn't it be nice to have something like Epistle for org-mode? It
might just render org-mode text to HTML, and frankly that would be
(Continue reading)

Jeff Horn | 25 Jul 23:27 2011
Picon

Re: Org Mobile Writing App (a la Epistle/Paragraft)

I'd be interested in something like this! Maybe the standard org file
format will increase development activity for mobile devices.

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 14:17, tycho garen <garen <at> tychoish.com> wrote:
> I must confess that I've fallen onto the Tablet bandwagon, and despite
> the alure of having a more functional mobile-org,I went for an android
> tablet (to match the phone, and because I'm not a mac user.) Largely I
> think it's great, and while I've got a mobile-org setup that I like
> well enough, I found myself saying "wouldn't it rock, if..." a few
> times and I just wanted to float the idea with you.
>
> While I think mobile-org is a great concept for making all of the task
> planning and organization features of org more accessible on the go,
> it's not quite so good for taking notes and doing the kind of writing
> that I spend most of my waking hours doing these days.
>
> I've been using a really delightful little app called
> [Epistle](http://kooklab.com/epistle.html) which renders markdown text
> (a fetish of mine that predates org-mode,) that works with dropbox. I
> think I learned about this from someone on the list. I suspect it's a
> lot like Paragraft for those of you on the otherside.
>
> I've created a little script that links all of my org-files into a
> place where Epistle can see them in dropbox
> (http://tychoish.com/code/epistle-linker/), and while the rendering
> doesn't work, it is nice to be able to read and edit these files. I've
> also, as an aside created some procmail and shell glue that takes
> emails and inserts them into an org-file so that I can capture stuff
> on the go using the email program. That's here:

(Continue reading)

Bastien | 26 Jul 02:30 2011

Re: Org Mobile Writing App (a la Epistle/Paragraft)

Hi Tycho,

tycho garen <garen <at> tychoish.com> writes:

> I've created a little script that links all of my org-files into a
> place where Epistle can see them in dropbox
> (http://tychoish.com/code/epistle-linker/), and while the rendering
> doesn't work, it is nice to be able to read and edit these files. I've
> also, as an aside created some procmail and shell glue that takes
> emails and inserts them into an org-file so that I can capture stuff
> on the go using the email program. That's here:
>
> http://tychoish.com/code/org-mail/

This is neat.  I added a section in Worg to org-hacks (at the
bottom of the file.)

 Bastien

Gmane