Oleh | 22 Feb 17:06 2014
Picon

~"~ doesn't register as verbatim

Hi all,

I'm using verbatim markers to export them as <kbd> in HTML.
But ~"~ isn't recognized as verbatim. I've tried fiddling with org-verbatim-re,
but it doesn't update on revert-buffer.

Can someone hep me with this?
Maybe a workaround inline snippet that transforms to <kbd>"</kbd> on
HTML export?

regards,
Oleh

Oleh | 24 Feb 18:38 2014
Picon

Re: ~"~ doesn't register as verbatim

Found the work-around:

will do what I want.

regards,
Oleh

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Oleh <ohwoeowho <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using verbatim markers to export them as <kbd> in HTML.
> But ~"~ isn't recognized as verbatim. I've tried fiddling with org-verbatim-re,
> but it doesn't update on revert-buffer.
>
> Can someone hep me with this?
> Maybe a workaround inline snippet that transforms to <kbd>"</kbd> on
> HTML export?
>
> regards,
> Oleh

Alan Schmitt | 25 Feb 08:45 2014

Re: ~"~ doesn't register as verbatim

Hello,

Oleh <ohwoeowho <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Found the work-around:

> will do what I want.
>
> regards,
> Oleh
>
> On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Oleh <ohwoeowho <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm using verbatim markers to export them as <kbd> in HTML.
>> But ~"~ isn't recognized as verbatim. I've tried fiddling with org-verbatim-re,
>> but it doesn't update on revert-buffer.
>>
>> Can someone hep me with this?
>> Maybe a workaround inline snippet that transforms to <kbd>"</kbd> on
>> HTML export?

I had a similar question recently
(http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/82300). The trick is to
change the variable org-emphasis-regexp-components such that the borders
part no longer include ".

Alan
(Continue reading)

Sebastien Vauban | 25 Feb 09:18 2014

Re: ~"~ doesn't register as verbatim

Hello Alan,

Alan Schmitt wrote:
> Oleh <ohwoeowho@...> writes:
>> On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Oleh <ohwoeowho@...> wrote:
>>> I'm using verbatim markers to export them as <kbd> in HTML.
>>> But ~"~ isn't recognized as verbatim. I've tried fiddling with org-verbatim-re,
>>> but it doesn't update on revert-buffer.
>>>
>>> Can someone hep me with this?
>>> Maybe a workaround inline snippet that transforms to <kbd>"</kbd> on
>>> HTML export?
>>
>> Found the work-around:

>> will do what I want.
>
> I had a similar question recently
> (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/82300). The trick is to
> change the variable org-emphasis-regexp-components such that the borders
> part no longer include ".

Could you maybe share your customization, then?

Best regards,
  Seb

Oleh | 25 Feb 09:42 2014
Picon

Re: ~"~ doesn't register as verbatim

> Hello Alan,
>
> Alan Schmitt wrote:
>> Oleh <ohwoeowho <at> gmail.com> writes:

>>> Found the work-around:

>>> will do what I want.
>>
>> I had a similar question recently
>> (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/82300). The trick is to
>> change the variable org-emphasis-regexp-components such that the borders
>> part no longer include ".
>
> Could you maybe share your customization, then?

I can share it:

    (setcar (nthcdr 2 org-emphasis-regexp-components) " \t\n,'")
(Continue reading)

Alan Schmitt | 25 Feb 10:17 2014

Re: ~"~ doesn't register as verbatim

Oleh <ohwoeowho <at> gmail.com> writes:

>> Could you maybe share your customization, then?

It was clearly not as elegant as this:

> I can share it:
>
>     (setcar (nthcdr 2 org-emphasis-regexp-components) " \t\n,'")
>     (custom-set-variables `(org-emphasis-alist ',org-emphasis-alist))

However I don't understand why the second line is necessary (but when
testing it, I found it necessary).

Alan

Oleh | 25 Feb 10:20 2014
Picon

Re: ~"~ doesn't register as verbatim

>>> Could you maybe share your customization, then?
>
> It was clearly not as elegant as this:
>
>> I can share it:
>>
>>     (setcar (nthcdr 2 org-emphasis-regexp-components) " \t\n,'")
>>     (custom-set-variables `(org-emphasis-alist ',org-emphasis-alist))
>
> However I don't understand why the second line is necessary (but when
> testing it, I found it necessary).

`org-emphasis-alist` has a :set handler `org-set-emph-re` which will do the job
of setting up the regexps. I don't want to call `org-set-emph-re` directly,
instead I set `org-emphasis-alist` to itself and let the customize interface
call the handler for me.

regards
Oleh

Alan Schmitt | 25 Feb 10:33 2014

Re: ~"~ doesn't register as verbatim

Oleh <ohwoeowho <at> gmail.com> writes:

>>>     (setcar (nthcdr 2 org-emphasis-regexp-components) " \t\n,'")
>>>     (custom-set-variables `(org-emphasis-alist ',org-emphasis-alist))
>>
>> However I don't understand why the second line is necessary (but when
>> testing it, I found it necessary).
>>

> `org-emphasis-alist` has a :set handler `org-set-emph-re` which will do the job
> of setting up the regexps. I don't want to call `org-set-emph-re` directly,
> instead I set `org-emphasis-alist` to itself and let the customize interface
> call the handler for me.

Quite interesting! Thanks a lot for the very clear explanation.

Alan

Gmane