icegood | 15 Feb 14:55 2012
Picon

emacs init script under windows

All i want is to run that script.
Hot to assure that it run? I mean, printing smth. like "Hello, world" into
emacs output (if any).
In 3.5 from
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/big.html#Installing-Emacs there
found that my init folder is C:\Users\ice\AppData\Roaming\. At least also
emacs writes smth into auto-save-list subfolder.
Created next files there:
.emacs
_emacs
init.el
None of them seems to run.

Moreover, how to run my own commands in session as one script file? Tried to
do smth in emacs shell
via M-c eshell but files are not executable. Chmod of course doesn't work
because there is no modes under windows. What  to do actually?

icegood | 16 Feb 11:01 2012
Picon

Re: emacs init script under windows

icegood wrote:

Can i expect for emergency help? If not, can you suggest other forums for
that?

Sarir Khamsi | 16 Feb 18:55 2012

icegood <icegood1980 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> All i want is to run that script.
> Hot to assure that it run? I mean, printing smth. like "Hello, world" into
> emacs output (if any).
> In 3.5 from
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/big.html#Installing-Emacs there
> found that my init folder is C:\Users\ice\AppData\Roaming\. At least also
> emacs writes smth into auto-save-list subfolder.
> Created next files there:
> .emacs
> _emacs
> init.el
> None of them seems to run.

I'm not sure I completely understand your question. Are you trying to
get Emacs to read your startup file, like .emacs? If so, have you set
your HOME environment variable to point to it's location?

Sarir

Sarir Khamsi
software guy
sarir.khamsi <at> raytheon.com