Anton I. Sipos | 9 Oct 01:06 2010
Picon

Problems trying to use yasnippet and django-html-mumamo-mode together

Despite some advice on the net about not using yasnippet and django-
html-mumamo mode together, I've tried to get the two to cooperate.

I've gotten most of the way of getting yasnippet to work with django-
html-mumamo-mode to work, snippets expand now, however the first time
I try to type into a field in a snippet I get this error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument overlayp nil)
  overlay-get(nil yas/field)
  (let ((field ...)) (cond (after\? ... ... ...) (field ... ...)))
  (if (yas/undo-in-progress) nil (let (...) (cond ... ...)))
  (unless (yas/undo-in-progress) (let (...) (cond ... ...)))
  yas/on-field-overlay-modification(#<overlay from 36 to 36 in
foo.html> nil 36 36)

Subsequent calls to expand the snippet will insert the snippet but
error before I get to the point where I can type into the field. I see
this in the minibuffer:
 Error in post-command-hook: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p
(36 . #<marker in no buffer>))
and the major mode changes (in this case, to nxhtml/django-htlm).

Has anyone encountered a similar problem, or failing that are there
any suggestions to how I can diagnose this problem further? I'm using
yasnippet version 0.6.1.c. If need be, my relevant yasnippet and
nxhtml settings are on github:
http://github.com/aisipos/emacs-aisipos/blob/master/customizations/modes.el

Thanks!
 --Anton
(Continue reading)

Lennart Borgman | 25 Oct 00:55 2010
Picon

Re: Problems trying to use yasnippet and django-html-mumamo-mode together

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 1:06 AM, Anton I. Sipos <aisipos@...> wrote:
> Despite some advice on the net about not using yasnippet and django-
> html-mumamo mode together, I've tried to get the two to cooperate.
>
> I've gotten most of the way of getting yasnippet to work with django-
> html-mumamo-mode to work, snippets expand now, however the first time
> I try to type into a field in a snippet I get this error:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument overlayp nil)
>  overlay-get(nil yas/field)
>  (let ((field ...)) (cond (after\? ... ... ...) (field ... ...)))
>  (if (yas/undo-in-progress) nil (let (...) (cond ... ...)))
>  (unless (yas/undo-in-progress) (let (...) (cond ... ...)))
>  yas/on-field-overlay-modification(#<overlay from 36 to 36 in
> foo.html> nil 36 36)
>
> Subsequent calls to expand the snippet will insert the snippet but
> error before I get to the point where I can type into the field. I see
> this in the minibuffer:
>  Error in post-command-hook: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p
> (36 . #<marker in no buffer>))
> and the major mode changes (in this case, to nxhtml/django-htlm).
>
> Has anyone encountered a similar problem, or failing that are there
> any suggestions to how I can diagnose this problem further? I'm using
> yasnippet version 0.6.1.c. If need be, my relevant yasnippet and
> nxhtml settings are on github:
> http://github.com/aisipos/emacs-aisipos/blob/master/customizations/modes.el

(I just saw this, but it seems to have been posted on 9 Oct.)
(Continue reading)

João Távora | 25 Oct 14:44 2010
Picon

Re: Problems trying to use yasnippet and django-html-mumamo-mode together

Hi, this vaguely reminds of a problem which might already be fixed in
the yasnippet trunk, starting from r637. Have a look at
http://code.google.com/p/yasnippet/issues/detail?id=143.

I'll look deeper into this when I find time.
João