Sally Floyd | 7 Jun 21:17 2004

Errata for RFC 3448, "TCP Friendly Rate Control (TFRC)"

This is a notice that I am sending in an Errata to the
RFC Editor for RFC 3448.  This is from errata that has been
on the TFRC web page for over a year, but that I have never
managed to send in the RFC Editor for the "RFC Errata" web page.
FYI.

- Sally
http://www.icir.org/tfrc/

The RFC 3448 Errata:

RFC 3448, TCP Friendly Rate Control (TFRC): Protocol Specification

Reported By: Joerg Widmer
Date: March 4, 2003

* Nofeedback timeout:  Correct an inconsistency in the document.

In Section 4:

"If the sender does not receive a feedback report for two round
trip times, it cuts its sending rate in half."

Should be:

"If the sender does not receive a feedback report for four round
trip times, it cuts its sending rate in half."

Reported By: Mark Handley, from Wim Heirman
Date: March 13, 2003